Girls, how would you feel if your partner proposed to you without a ring because he doesn't beleive in them?

How would you feel if your partner did that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say yes and marry him :) tbh I don't really care if he gives me a ring or not. I don't really like jewellery. If he gave me a ring I would cherish it and appreciate the gift, but if he didn't I'd just be happy that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

What Girls Said 15

• Ummmm does he not understand how these things work? I want a long term, reasonably priced, symbol of his love and devotion.

media.giphy.com/media/qIWMmNA7C4N1u/giphy.gif

• Hahahahahahaha no.

I believe in them. If he wants me to take his last name he can march his ass down town and get me a ring.

• I would rather no ring than the wrong ring.

My new boss just got engaged. She told her boyfriend not to even bother unless the ring was worth at least £10,000. He got her a £12,500 ring.

I told my boyfriend, get an Argos value ring. Or even Hairbo.

I've got fat fingers so I would prefer no ring than one I hated or didn't fit. That said I would like a ring. And I trust my partner enough to know what type.

• I would say NO!!!

• lol how does someone not "believe in a ring" just curious?

Anyway I wouldn't care, it's just a ring and I don't even like rings in the first place, it would be nice though to have one, in case I wanted to wear it sometimes lol

• Diamonds are not that rare and the reason they're so expensive is because one company has a near monopoly on them.

That company popularized the idea of a diamond ring in a marriage and also created that bogus "1 and 1/2 months salary" rule.

• Don't know of any company having any kind of a monopoly. Lots of companies have buyers that go to the sources and buy as much as they want and can afford. @GoodDogNigel the big problem is avoiding "blood diamonds"

And O. O. the ring I gave my gal had a couple of diamond chips, but they were around a central stone that was a beautiful opal.

• @Red_Arrow

Shouldn't have said the jewelry company has the diamonds, but rather a single company controls the mines and the places the jewelry companies buy from.

• Does he believe in buying me a house and holding down a job?

• well of course :P

• What's it to you? @sara413 I can't stand feminists that degrade stay at home moms like they aren't of the same value as a working woman.

• My wife always joked that SHE lived where we were and that I just visited, due to my many deployments in the Navy. She did a fantastic job of going from a young woman living with her parents while going to college, to being a Navy wife with husband often gone, and then as a sometimes single parent for the same reason.

• I'd brofist him and say yes. And go get a drink to celebrate.

• I'd know that our love would go on forever.

• To me having a ring shows the world you are in a monogamous relationship with 1 person.. If my man were to try and propose without a ring I would be suspicious of his reasoning.. Im sorry call me old fashioned but to me that's unacceptable!!

• Yes. I would love that.

• I'd be disappointed if he didn't come up with a valuable replacement instead... But I'd prefer a ring

• I would think "The times sure are changing", I'd accept his proposal, but I'd still want him to give me a ring later

• Maybe it's just me, but that sounds pretty damn awesome.

• I would love it.
    Is there really any guys who doesn't believe in that? :)

• i wouldn't mind it at all :)

What Guys Said 7

• We bought $10 rings together. Nearly half a century ago.
    We're still happy together. The price of the ring doesn't change a marriage.

• The ring is just a piece of metal, sure it segments the marriage.
    But, if the love between the pair is that strong the ring isn't needed. The ring doesn't make you love each other and keep you together; you do.

• I guess marriage is a bond held together by materialistic pieces of shallow jewelry and not by love and affection for each other. The answers I'm seeing here are some of the reasons why I don't think marriage is such a good idea.

• To everyone who would be disappointed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU

Basically, it was just an ad campaign.

• Yes engagement rings are a marketing campaign, but it's also strong symbolism that is hard, and maybe cheap, to ignore. Christmas is also mostly marketing, as is Valentine's Day, but it's sort of shitty to tell your girlfriend ''Yeah I don't believe in Valentine's Day''. The truth is, while you don't have to buy a diamond ring worth thousands of dollars, you can still do something more thoughtful and within reason that is going to hold the same symbolism. Going the extra mile is rarely ignored.

• Ha! I can hear the fairy tale shattering.

• If I was turned down for that I'd question if she was really the one I wanted to be with