Do I have to dis-invite my friend and bridesmaid to our wedding?

My future hubby and I are planning to elope. Originally we were just going to go to the court house with a few of our friends acting as bridesmaids and groomsmen, but both of us on a vacation fell in love with this hiking trail with an amazing waterfall and have decided that we both want to get married there. The problem is one of my bridesmaids is wheelchair bound and the path is not even close to being wheelchair accessible. I've known her nearly all my life and couldn't dream of getting married without her there, but for future hubby and I, this is a once in a life time thing and the site is too gorgeous to pass up. I've already told her long ago that she was to be one of my bridesmaids, so I'm not sure what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's a true friend, she'll understand. This day is about your and your husband. You could come up with something creative to make her part of the ceremony if you want. Like a camera for Skype.

• Oh my gosh, thank you so much for this suggestion! I feel like all my stress/worry just went away. This is perfect. We could totally face time or Skype her in and she could still see it, and "be there."

• Glad I could help :)

What Guys Said 1

• Couldn't someone just give her a piggy back ride up there?

What Girls Said 2

• Tell her the truth - that your plans have changed because the two of you fell in love with this place and it just feels like the right place to join your lives together. She is your best friend, I'm sure she will understand that it's nothing personal, and she will be supportive of your choice.

Maybe have a reception or at least a small party with close friends and family when you return from eloping and recognize her and the rest of the previously planned wedding party in a speech thanking them for their support?

• Yeah you do.