Should guys not propose marriage until they can afford a decent ring?

Not that I have anyone to marry now :/ but just curious?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they should propose whenever they feel like it. But obviously a ring is a must. However, how expensive that ring is doesn't matter. For all I care it could have been bought for 30 cent on ebay and it still wouldn't affect my answer. If I want to marry a guy, the ring won't mean shit.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you can do it whenever man, even if you had to get a ring from a 25 cent slot machine just to start it off. if you want then you can use that as a placeholder until you save up for a real ring but the girl honestly shouldn't put too much emphasis on it if love is all that matters. plus its not like the ring is what you think she is worth, its just that's all you can really afford at the time and you can still promise her you will save up to buy her a ring that is just right.

What Girls Said 5

• I know some people who propose with and without a ring, realistically its whenever you feel is right, and I would think when you feel it's right you "should" be able to give a ring, usually people know their partners inside and out so would have an idea of what ring, so if you can wait wait if you can't don't! ( i know you're just curious)

• Guys should not propose marriage until they found a decent PARTNER.

If a girl is so focused on a dumbass ring and its value, don't marry her.

• For me i didn't really care. a small ring was cute when my boyfriend proposed. i love the fuck out of him so ring size doesn't matter to me

• It just depends on the girl. If she's high-maintenance, than she might want a glamorous, expensive ring at her proposal. But if she's low-maintenance she might not really care about the price. Either way, I think you should try and get the best ring you can afford, and never take out a loan to pay for a ring :/ if the girl wants a 10,000 ring maybe you can add to it over the years, but weddings can be expensive

• Ooh no, bra! Dont let that stop you! I will rock a gumball machine ring for goodness sakes before I turn down a proposal from "the guy". We can always upgrade later :)

What Guys Said 3

• I married with no ring... bought her a good one 3 years into the marriage. The ring shouldn't matter... the people in a marriage do. A ring won't keep her faithful nor you. A ring is just a symbol, material, and really pointless for those that don't need a symbol of love or value material gain.

• Honestly, I think guys can propose marriage without a ring - at least an expensive ring as long as they hold themselves to that proposal.

• If you really love each other then a curtain ring should do the trick