Christian man marrying a Muslim woman?

George and Amal Clooney. Huma Abedin and Anthony Weiner (OK, bad example). Marraiges outside the faith are forbidden (for women) in the Koran, but still happen regardless.

Granted, these are celebrities and high-power political figures we're talking about. This is more a question on the level of everyday people.

Assume neither party are, shall we say, excessively religious, and also that neither are interested in converting (or pressuring the other person to convert). What do you think the odds are that such a match would be accepted by family?

Most Helpful Girl

• Two religions can come together, just respect each other

And give your kids the right to choose, let them see both religions and pick if they want to follow one or whatever

• Yes, this!
      If there is respect for each others religion and respect for their child to choose whichever belief they want then marriage will go a long way.

• @Print yup :3

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine but in reality if we're talking logically long term. She'd likely have to convert.

Being rational it's about marrying in a mosque or church

Raising your children Muslim or Christian

Your beliefs

What Girls Said 2

• Well their families wouldn't get along. I have no problem with it but it's a guaranteed argument.

• I think it's fine b

What Guys Said 4

• I think there might be problems later! 2 different faiths 2 different beliefs and no, Christianity and islam are NOT the same! one is totally the opposite from each other! And unless either renounces gives up their faith 100% it will develop cracks there will be friction!

• No one follows the book word to word

• This is normal. But a lot of problems with his family and society come.

• Tell me about it. My family read that bit on "AnsweringIslam" and are dead set against this. What I'm fighting most at this stage is assumptions that they're making about her family.

• I do not know your situation as a whole, to help you on computer - a fool's errand.

• tell me how u define muslim woman? those ain't muslim woan.. muslim women should cover her head and marry a muslim man! those woman who call themself muslim but never cover themselfes and marry a non muslim, are wore than a devil! but too ad you wouldn't understand, but i tried my best! have a good day sir