How important do you think marriage will be in future years to the survival of our society?

With divorce rates now even or surpasing marriage rates and people conciously choosing to live together but never marry, is marriage still an important part of our world?

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriage can be a good thing, but often times people who enter into them do so to quickly without knowing what they are getting into, there are benefits in our society to marriage and it helps to share responsibility. That being said I don't think it is absolutely essential, but it does help and it should be reexamined and perhaps changed to fit our ever changing society.

What Guys Said 4

• It's not important at all to the survival of our species, but it is important to any human culture.

• Marriage is nothing more than an optional religious "contract" and is never required for human survival.

See animals. They reproduce without any kind of marriage.

• I think family units will be more important when society implodes due to overpopulation.

• I personally feel like NO ONE ANYWHERE should get married before 25 because I feel like you need a certain amount of life experience to completely commit yourself to one person for the rest of your life.

What Girls Said 4

• Marriage is good. It forces you to communicate, to work through your problems, to grow with your partner to be the best you can for both your sakes, etc etc. Will it be fundamental to society rather than being beneficial to the two parties, though? Maybe. Society combines them unlike bed mates. They pay taxes and bills together, and when payments aren't met their combined assets are seized. If one goes to court, the partner can't be called to the stands. Stuff like that. Why I say maybe after having said all this? Those who live together combine their lives also. They expect and welcome financial, emotional, and physical responsibilities like any spouse. Because of this, it's safe to say that they would stay with their partners instead of jumping ship if the other Is in trouble, even though they don't legally hold nearly the same amount of responsibilities. When living with someone, it can be just as unified as any marriage... I still prefer marriage, personally, but I see the maybe factor.

• Married people pay less in taxes and are less involved in their community. It's really pretty debatable if decreases in marriage rates are bad.

• The reason why marriage don't work is because people feel that they have to quickly get married at some point. The thing is to get to marriage it is better to take baby steps into that kind of commitment.

But I think less people will get married in the future, esp with divorce guys tend to avoid marriage since divorce doesn't really come with advantages except breaking the bond.

• Marriage is important. The reason why people get divorce is because they rush into it. Or when difficult time come they dont want to be adults and stick through it. Nothing in life is easy or great all the time... and that includes marriage. Why not get married if you are choosing to live with the person your whole life? 👀😐