How to respond to a brother who's getting married in Sept... but still hasn't sent out so much as a Dave the Date?

My younger brother is getting married in about a month and a half, but he and his fiance have not sent out save the dates or any details to ANYONE. I find it quite rude, although this is nothing new for him because he's very flaky, but since he's my brother I really feel obligated to go to his wedding. I need to know when to ask my boss for time off, would like to get the cheapest plane tickets (although that ship has sailed).. and my fiance is traveling to Mexico for work and needs to know when to buy a plane ticket out of Mexico.

How to I appropriately nudge him, without starting any family drama?

The last I hear, the reason for the hold up was because his fiance is "waiting to hear from her mother when she can take time off work." Sorry, but that's a bunch of BS any way you look at it. It shouldn't take someone over a year to figure out when they can get work off.

Most Helpful Guy

• he's your brother just be honest. If I did that I'm 99% sure my sister would just be like "dude wtf are you doing? Are you stupid? Stop being lazy and do it already what the hell is wrong with you? You do realize people need to know ahead of time right? No one is going to show up and you'll deserve."

• Lol I WISH I could say that. Unfortunately, my brother is the overly-sensitive type. We have already had a few "falling out" situations over the years because he gets offended at everything/anything, so the last thing I want to do it be honest with him the way I want. I have to somehow "sugar coat" it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be straight about it. Tell him that unless he can give you a date, you and your fiance won't be able to come due to not knowing a date and you won't have the time from work and aren't willing to spend an unreasonable amount on plane tickets because of their lack of planning.

What Guys Said 1

• Just ask again and say that you need to know because you and your fiance need to know what time to take off work and buy plane tickets

What Girls Said 2

• Ask his fiance. Or just ask him straight out and ask him when is the wedding, what time, where, etc.

• just hint at him.