Girls, Ladies should the man who is going to marry you get your dads approval First?

I was brought up with a family full of woman and I was taught that a man should always meet the parents of the woman first.

9

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry but that would be a huge turn off for me, i'm grown and have been taking care of myself since I was a teenager, I would feel insulted and kind of disrespected if someone I was going to marry asked my dad for permission.

I think it varies though, maybe just hint around to her and see what she says or how she feels about it first?

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's a cute idea and shows respect. But honestly in my situation I don't care if my parents approve of the guy I'd marry. If I say yes that's approval enough. Or if he asks my sister from my sister her opinion means more to me.

It depends on the girl.

• I dont really care for my dad. If it makes you feel better, than sure, go meet him. But if it was up to me, my dad has no say so in who or when I marry...

• I would like it if the guy at least asked one of my parents. It's such a nice gesture.

• Yes. It's plus points and easier to live in the future when your soon to be wife's family accept you coz you will cross paths in the future regardless if you live far from parent's home. Also, it depends on the culture of the girl or the guy.

• @MarkyyG123 we were talking about this ahhaha

and asker i recon it shows some sort of respect towards the women's parents that you're asking them, it always give you extra reassuarance that you're also accepted by her family :)

• Yesss! hahaha :")
      And she's right Asker, and I will ask first. Between Men as well its a respect and mature action, so you were raised right. More should seek the parents approval, it is the right thing to do

• i think this makes sense

• Meeting the parents, yes. Asking for permission, no. She is the only one you should ask.

• That is how it works in my family. For me, yes.