Help! Virgin and can't afford to get married?

So here's my story:
I am 29 years old, believe in sex after marriage, and I'm working and got a good job. But I have to pay for my parents mortgage which is a lot, this leaves me with little money to save.
To be able to marry I would have to get a place of my own and save up $30,000 to get married.
I don't know what to do any advice?

The $30,000 includes a small weeding a moderate honeymoon and furnishing and bits and bobs for our married home its not splashing on a fancy weeding

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know what the actually price you HAVE to pay to get married is, but I'm guessing it's around 100 bucks. So why don't you just go to the courthouse and do that?

You can always have a fancy ceremony later in life. I don't know how it is in your country but mine you legally have to get married in a courthouse. A priest won't marry you until you're actually married already. So the whole church thing is make believe anyways

• The $30,000 includes a small weeding a moderate honeymoon and furnishing and bits and bobs for our married home its not splashing on a fancy weeding

• I don't think living in my room would be comfortable for her and not many girls would be up for it. But I have looked at house boats as an option they are cheap and pretty similar in size to a small apartment and you could live in down town part of the city other wise unaffordable but they get a bit cold in winter that's the down side

• Why don't you ask her what she is up for?

Ya houseboat could be nice as well

Most Helpful Guy

• why are u paying for your parents mortgage? u need to b paying on your own mortgage on your own future home to live in with your future wife! I don't know your situation or the details but unless your parents are both disabled can't afford paying on their own house why are u doing this? how long u planning on continuing to do this? till u are 40 50 years old not married and still alone? that leaves slim pickings a chance a lady want to marry u at this age and your life has passed u by! since u are paying on their house legally its your house since u are the one who is paying the mortgage!

What Girls Said 9

• What does being a virgin have to do with the cost of being married lol?
    Anyways, you got a job, it takes time for that job to overlap with the mortgage that you're paying for your parents. Why do you have to pay mortgage for your parents anyways?
    You could do a full-time job or even get two jobs at a time.
    And to get married, its not like you have to have a fancy-ass wedding. Plus, depending on who you're marrying she or even he may have money themselves.

• You don't need to have an expensive marriage ceremony. When I get married I plan on having a family barbecue at a local park or having a small family get together with 10 - 20 people. I think its wrong to spend $5000 dollars on a dress when you should be worried about buying the house, paying the bills, supporting your aging parents, fundraising for the college tuition for your future children, and helping your house of worship. If you cannot afford a wedding - you should have a legal document stating you are married and spend $0 dollars on the wedding ceremony.

• I have thrown out the idea of a lavish weeding its only the necessities I'm going to pay for :)

• Marry someone who is financially stable and not willing to live off your money

• The $30,000 includes a small weeding a moderate honeymoon and furnishing and bits and bobs for our married home its not splashing on a fancy wedding

• Yes but I'm afraid it won't be enough and most girls sorry for generalising look at a wedding as a ticket to a fancier life rather than less than she was used to when single and its become a materialistic and extravagant event

• Yes unfortunately that's true

• Sorry to be so rude and nosey.. Just why are YOU having to pay your parents mortgage?

• They sacrificed so much for me and they lost the house they owned bad luck it was

• I wish you well and the very best of luck.

• Cheers :)

• Have a cheap wedding, what's the point in spending that amount of money for one event in your life? That money could be put to better use elsewhere. Also, what has you being a virgin got to do with this?

• If you don't want to take the cheap route then hey what can I tell you. I'm sure you know that you don't have to save all of that money to get married.

• is there any way you can stop paying their mortgage? or rent out rooms?

• don't throw a huge wedding, just go down to the courthouse

• what about the living cost?

• Are you religious or something?

And are you already engaged?

What Guys Said 5

• Forget the wedding and honeymoon - Have a smallest ceremony possible concentrate on getting your home.

• Give up that idea. A responsable family man knows that $30,000 are way more important to spent after the marriege, like providing better conditions to educate your children. Talk about that with your woman, it's irresponsible because you are not rich. If you need to marry to make love, go witth the most simple and cheap solution, it's juust one day, and it will have the same importance because that's tthe day that you officialize your love. Just that. Listen, life is hard, to not make thinngs harder. Just grab your woman, live together, work, enjoy/explore life and try to find new thinngs that make you happy. Also remember... (and please sorry for my answer) making love after marriege does not make you a better man, husband or lover, just be a pratical guy because life is special. Grab your dollars and wisely try to make the most out of it.

• why you dont want to do sex before marriage
    you are so sex and i can believe that you are still virgin

• Are u doing this coz 9f relgious reasons

• Yes no sex before marriage

• "save up $30,000 to get married." 30 stacks for 1 night of your life? Why not take the cheap way out? Thus allowing you to save more money for your future ^_^

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif