Guys, would you marry a rich woman?

Would you guys be ok with marrying a woman who has a better career than you? Also, when you guys have kids, it only make sense if you stay at home with the baby? Would you guys be ok with all of these?

• Yes
    76% (39)
  • No
    24% (12)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted no for similar reasons to @dudeman.

From what I've seen, women are very suspicious of guys who don't 'provide' at least what they do. A relationship where there is a significant difference in money means that one will have to partly pay for the other on holidays, accommodation, serious purchases (like cars), homes, dates etc. or accept getting cheaper options for all of the above. Most men don't mind this and in fact, accept it as the norm and even a positive. Women seem to view it as being sponging or him having no ambition or work ethic.

I don't mind the idea of marrying a woman wealthier than me and, while I'd want to work from home at least part-time, I could get used to the idea of being a stay at home Dad. I do however believe that the wife would see me as lazy/unmanly/selfish/sponging or something else that will just breed resentment until the relationship falls apart. That is why I voted no.

• Honestly the ideal situation for me is that he stays at home cause I just really hate doing chores around the house for some reason. He could work from home, thats ok with me, as long as I don't have to the chores I'm really happy LOL :)

• Of course not. I think being a man is all about being responsible and loyal in our relationship. and also being a good father to our children. I won't think he's lazy at all if he manage to take care of everything at home. It's definitely not easy and it's sort of a 24/7 job with no weekends and holidays pretty much.

• Fair play to you. (That's a good thing if you're not Irish and don't get that phrase. :P)

What Guys Said 24

• Men are ok with it women are not.

• At this point in my life I'd be ok with it. I'd even do the stay at home gig but I know it's work. It's really hard to find women like that though.

• I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it was a legitimate situation.

• That would be a dream come true.

Also if she cheats and we get a divorce that means I'll get alimony instead of her 😬

• But she'd probably want a prenup

• Yes but the likelihood of a rich woman accepting a man who is less wealthy than she is is next to nothing. Women never like to share their wealth with men from what I've noticed. It's usually the other way around.

• I would not

• Don't see why not. Men who wouldn't are probably insecure.

• Actually I would prefer being a stay-at-home dad with a woman career driven and rich. That way I could use my free time to actually work on starting up my own business.

• Dont mind marrying the rich chick but i not gonna stay home and look after the kids and not work! To hell with that

• yes the baby has 2 parents u both made the baby and if she has a better career than mine this is ok also!

• I don't know... I really have to love her or something. I'm way into being a provider to let some one else take care of me. It be hard, with Gender roles being reversed... probably something i'm not used to well just yet.

• Only if she were these following things:
    Beautiful, or cute at least
    Mutual love interest
    Committed to the relationship
    Not a bitch
    Not a slut

• I'm not sure I plan to get married. Even if I did, I wouldn't care much. I don't plan to have kids though.

• I would marry a rich woman, but I owuldn't be full stay-at-home dad.

• no! i do not have sex with money!

• If I believed in marriage, yes I would.

• hell yea that would be sweet

• If we had a joint bank account

• If you love her just do it.

• yes i would :)

• I don't care if they're rich or not or if they make more money than me or not. I wouldn't give up my job though. After parental leave we could hire a nanny since money wouldn't be tight because I have no desire to give up my job. I'm never going to tell a girl I may end up having a kid with to give up her job so I just ask for the same in return.

• That's how my parents were. My mom was making more than my dad and he wanted to stay home for a the first few months. Then, they switched, he became the bread winner, and she stayed home. :)

• Yeah why not? But question is... would a rich woman marry a guy who has lower income?