Why has the narrative shifted that somehow if you are against things like gay marriage you are somehow bad?

It's like you're supposed to accept this and not speak out against it... and can't even say anything about how the whole transsexual thing is completely unnatural... I just don't get it... if I said I was OK with it I'd be lying.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes its because society is full of foolish people who do not understand or know what truth is and just parrot whatever people tell them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what you mean, you can be called homophonic for anything these days! Gays are so butt hurt about everything!

I was called homophonic for saying Gay porn is disgusting? Wtf?

What Girls Said 7

• It's not really a shift. Being opposed to letting people do what they want as long as they aren't harming others or getting in the way of their freedom has been considered bad ever since the concept of natural/civil rights gained popularity. It just took awhile for the legality to catch up with gay marriage because it's been faced with such strong religious opposition.

• Also, it's perfectly okay to have negative feelings against it. It's just not okay to try to get in the way of it.

• Because you sound like an asswhole if you say its disgusting or unnatural

It doesn't really matter because its going to happen anyways. People are going to be born gay and get married and transexuals are going to be themselves.

there's also people who don't like mixing of the races, oh well. Thats going to keep happening too.

• Why does thinking someone is unnatural because of their gender and thinking that people shouldn't be given a basic human right just because they're marrying someone of the same sex make you a bad person? Gee, I wonder.

• It's not "their gender." It's a recognized psychological disorder which, for political reasons, we browbeat, threaten, and shame everyone else into playing along with instead of properly treating.

Surgically mutilating a man with a psychological disorder to superficially resemble a woman and pumping him full of artificial hormones does not magically turn him into a woman. Same for FtM. I see doing that to someone as disingenuous and unethical.

• Ask an honest question, get an honest answer. You proposed that transgender is itself a gender, I disputed the notion. That's the way public online forums like this one work.

The Johns Hopkins institute, which pioneered transition surgery, now refuses to do it anymore. You might ask yourself why.

yiannopoulos.net/.../

• @KHaskins One institute has stopped the surgery, which pales in comparison to the many doctors and surgeons who understand there are risks and downsides to the surgery, as with any other surgical procedure, and yet think that it's a reasonable surgery to perform anyway. The article was heavily biased from the outset and the author hasn't done correct research to know that much of the terminology used is out-dated and no longer in practice, so it's kind of hard to take it as a serious piece of journalism anyway.

• It is okay not to be okay with it.. this issue in particular is just like any other issue.. you might see red as okay others might perceive it as disgusting.. but there is no problem arguing about it.. thats called a conversation no more no less.. but there is a difference by being against it and just dont think its okay and being appalled and disrespectful to their views

• I couldn't agree more! I think the issue is when either side crosses the line into being disrespectful, there is a never a need for that...

• just ignore it

it;s a fad ,, the media slowly but gradually tried to normalize it and make it so it;s fine and ok and here we are today

see how the us was in the 50s and how it is now

• You make a good point. Raging against anti-gay people is bigotry itself. It's liberal propaganda.

What Guys Said 6

• So what? The previous narrative was pretty bad for the people that suffered because of it. Not it's changed to benefit them and give them equal opportunities and the only ones who have something against this, have something against freedom and liberty in generally, so it's no biggie.

• Because LGBTs are really smart, they realized that the best way to push for change is not through violence but through protests and propaganda campaigns. It's been very successful especially with the slogan "Love is love".

I don't believe that gay's should call their union a marriage since that is the union of a man and a woman in hopes of having children. They can call it a civil union if they like and have similar rights to that of heterosexual couples.

• It's not that you can't like it, in my opinion, it's that you try to impose your beliefs on others

• im just curious as to why you are against gay marriage.

• I don't know men but i LUVVVV LESBIANS <3 YOU GET ME FAM?

• Forever, people with certain religious beliefs ruled the day. They made moral judgments about everything including marriage. Interracial marriage used to be "against God." So, now, we are finally extending the right to marry to another group of human beings. So, now, you're getting a taste of what it has been like for others who have had to live in shame, pain and silence.