Too early to know?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost a year, but we both think we want to spend the rest of our lifes together and such, we've already kind of made plans (like kids, pets, whatever). Not too serious but still, we've talked about it.

What I'm wondering is, is it too early (I mean I'm 16 and he's 18) to already know this? Because I really really really want to spend the rest of my life with this guy, I absolutely and completely love him 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• No ones too young or old to plan sh**,

And in every relationship you'll most likely think this way...

For example: planning to get married at 16 with your boyfriend (planning it not actually getting marriied until you guys are older (but the marriage will take place in the FUTURE)

Its okay to plan things and make assumptions early on in a relationship as long as you are doing it maturely and not being completely stupid

This sparks the imagination to go wild and thats what matters here... You'll develop stronger and longer lasting attachment to this man/eachother because you are imagining positive shi*

Me and my woman have been going out for 3 years and I still can't keep my hands off her and I'm always visualising touching her sexy body ahah

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not necessarily too young, lots of people do get together young and stay together for the rest of their lives. That's not all that uncommon. When I was 15/16 and got together with my boyfriend, we did the same as you are, planned kids, pets, houses, weddings, etc. We still do, almost four years later.

However, you should do your best to keep in mind that you do have your whole lie ahead of you and sometimes things change and what might seem certain now and seem like it's the only thing you want might not suit you in a few years, and that's totally normal and it's fine, it's just a side effect of developing as a person.

So, yeah, maybe it is too early to know what you really want for the rest of your life, but that doesn't mean that it's 100% not going to turn out the way you want right now.

What Guys Said 9

• It is and it isn't. Some people get married right away and then divorce later. Some get married right away and stay together for the rest of there lives. I wouldn't jump into anything since your still teenagers and a lot can happen, plus your still riding the hormone "wave" which will fade and then it will be only your abilities to communicate and willingness to stick it out and work for your relationship. But honestly everyone is diffrent and in the end it will be your life and your decision so take that into consideration. Good luck either way.

• The problem is that your interests, goals, and desire will probably change significantly in the next 5-6 years and what you think you want now is not what you will want when you are 21 or 22 years old. Think about what you wanted 5-6 years ago!

• yeah it's very early actually... first of all not even a full-year's not a long time for such things...

but anyway yeah it's early... u might change yer mind later ;)

• Far too early if im honest.

• Yes it's to early, when dating someone new, the brain is flooded with oxytrocin for up to 18 months, so wait 2 years.

• don't rush things! be patient be sure u are both ready no pressure because marriage is a LIFETIME commitment not to be taken lightly and seriously! give it a year maybe 2 years to make sure! when u both are more mature

• Yeah it's a bit early. People don't always stay the same. I'm very different not at 18 from when I was 16. Not the same at all. It might be a good idea to move in together temporarily before you get that serious

• Yeah it's quite early but don't rule it out just stay with each other for as long as your happy and the rest will come naturally in time don't rush things you still want to be able to go to college or university or get a good job or education before you do those things

• Yes, you are way, way, way, way, way too young to know anything about this. You guys are boyfriend and girlfriend... THAT'S IT!

What Girls Said 12

• Yeah, it's a little too early to know this. You're not fully done growing yet. You don't know if, once fully grown, you two will actually have anything in common. People change as they get older, and they don't always change in the same ways as their partners.

Your feelings are valid, I'm just advocating a little bit of patience.

• First of all, you're too young to get married at this age. Depending on where you live, there is a minimum age of when you can get married. Also for your boyfriend.

Even thought you've been dating for one year, I had plenty of friends who've dated 1-5 years and broke up.

You're still young, just enjoy being more than friends.

You will spend lots of time with him, but you just gotta wait, you know?

PS I'm only 13, so I don't have the best advice. 😔

• It isn't to early to plan but don't jump into it as soon as possible. Lives tend to change once you get out of school and start having an adult life. If you can plan those changes together then you will be golden :-)

• yea sounds too early

• Way too young, without knowing you of course. People often change significantly from about 20-25. I know I did.

A lifetime is a very long time in many cases (God willing).

• Way too young is a general recommendation, by the way. I can't think of many people under 20 that I would recommend get married - but God knows best.

• yes it is too early.. trust me.. i know..

• I think that's to early. Especially for your age. Dreaming of a future with someone is very exciting but in 2-5 years you will be a different person. I'm not who I was when I was 16. Thank God lol.

• It's pretty rare to have people that stay on together forever at your age. I'd say to give it time. Rushing into this wouldn't be the best decision to make. =)

• Only time will tell...

• is it too early for what? Today's generation is different from years and years ago. Years ago you could find someone at 15 16 and be with them till death but nowadays it much harder with social sites and people and slags and twats but that's just honesty. At 16 you won't know what love is until it smacks you in the face.

• give it more years

• Way way way way too early.