Can you marry a person whose mother is really mean?

I mean the person is nice and good, but the mum is harsh and very mean, cruel and unkind.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm marrying that person because I love them, not their parents. That;s an afterthought, though it would be respectful on good terms with that parent, as you are taking THEIR child from them.
    I always put myself in the parents position. Of course I'll let my son/daughter make their decision on who they will marry, I won't stop them unless I need to. But if it's someone I just don't like, then I would at least want to like that person.
    This mum you're talking about is probably has a reason to not like you, or is a spiteful bitch. Either way, it wouldn't hurt (hopefully?) to at least develop a good relationship with your future in law

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol all women hate their mother in laws.

What Guys Said 7

• Am I marrying her mother? Of course I could marry a person who's mother is mean.

• How about living away from that harsh thin? I think that nice and good person should be worth that :D anyway

• I suppose so , just don't invite her to the wedding

• As long as she stays out of the relationship, then yeah.

• Yeah. I'm not marrying her mother.

• You can marry anyone you want

• Tried that once told the mom exactly what I thought of her then she died so I wouldn't advice it

What Girls Said 6

• You're not marrying his mother, and she'll be dead before you guys anyways. And you can always just refuse to see or talk to her if she's that rude and offensive

• If he's close to his mother who happens to be very mean? yes it could be a deal breaker. If he took her side it would cause tension even before a marriage idea came up

• Don't marry him. If you do, you'll wind up regretting it someday.

Trust me, several years later, when you're at a point where your marriage is teetering on the brink of failure, partly due to the issues his family has caused you'll wish you listened to me instead of making what will inevitably turn out to be the most disappointing choice of your life.

• Yes but only as long as my husband would be supportive of me and defended me against his mother's irrational behavior.

• Honestly, you can but if he can't or doesn't put you first it will never work.

• Yes you can