What caused people to start marrying early again?

Saw another comment here by some guy who was mentionin people started to marry young again da last few years…when just a few years ago being 30 and single was pretty common.

Noticed dat indeed…. actually I start to believe most people my age r married already or they even have a kid or 2…. and I belong to da minority o_O

So wot made people change their ways and start marry young again?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ahem, I'm pretty sure you're talking about me: I'm that guy who mentioned this.

I think many young people are obsessed with marrying young again to give a traditional vibe, to please their grandparents.

• hahha yeah it was u... u mentioned there r no people in yer area around yer age who r single LOL

yeah i've noticed recently more n more young people tiltin to traditionalism a little bit

• @Klaatu51 Thanks for MHO! I appreciate it man.

• np :)

What Girls Said 9

• You're right at people your age having a kid or two, or being married.
    I was most certainly one of them (had a kid) and by that time had already been in a 3 year long term relationship.

I met a guy the other day that was 25.
    And I was shocked he had no kids.

What is this generation coming to?
    It was common back in the day to be that age with no ties.

I even met a 28 year old guy that felt like the last person on Earth.

This is our norm.

I think besides the fact that people develop mentally at different times, there are plenty who want to follow the new trend.
    And that's making a plate full that they aren't ready to eat.

• to make more clear... the 28 year old guy felt like the last person on Earth to not be married or at least have a child.

• so u belong to da minority if u r married wid kids here LOL

• *correction i mean among regulars... i see pretty often anons or users wid low Xper level mentionin dat they r married

• I think some people believe you can't have sex until marriage and others believe they aren't strong enough to ride life's waves on their own or want somebody to complete them after their parents are no longer around to take care of them. My pastor used to say you should not marry until you no longer feel the need to get married - only then are you strong enough to be a wife and mother.

• In my family, it has been like that since years and years ago.

The oldest someone got married was 33, which was my dad.
    (I think.)

• Because they end up having kids/actually like the idea of marriage (big surprise)/genuinely love someone and want to

• I'm pretty sure it never went away, man. It's just more publicized nowadays.

• I think this is only true in certain circles, but it's not the direction the general public is heading.

• Maybe not in Switzerland but it's the direction here in the United States.

• don't fight please :'(

• I wasn't fighting, I was just stating why I loathe statistics in the first place.

• History is repeating itself?

• Because conservatism is making its way back

• I think it's a nice thing to do

What Guys Said 4

• In Ireland I don't think it is the case nobody gets married before 30 these days. It is socially acceptable to live together even have kids before getting married actually I think the trend is towards cohabitation. People in Ireland don't get married unless they both in secure jobs, a few years into mortgage on their house. In reality a wedding is just an afterthought.

• so i guess it's a US-thing mostly as @cincinnatiredsfan said

• I dont think thats true

from what i understand the average age of first marriage is around 27 and now more people than ever before are just saying "fuck marriage" and avoiding it alltogether

• r u sure?

• im never sure about anything but from what I've read the less people are getting married and the people who do get married are doing it later

• Haha I don't dare to say it... for fiscal reasons of course 8) 8)

• This is a very attractive reason! lol

• Oh yeah, same here! There are old people who divorce for fiscal reasons.

• Oh goodness @bubble_tea... imagine you were a mediator trying to convince them to stay together. And they'd say you "don't worry darling we still love each other... just divorcing because my tax consultant advised it 8) 8) ".
      Heeeeeeeelp!

• I got 2 cousins, 19 and 23, and both are married. Prolly scared of being alone or think they older than they are...