My wife is getting extremely abusive?

My wife can be a great person at times. She loves me, supports me physically and financially in whatever I want to do.. But lately she's been getting abusive.. she knows she can't physically because I am nearly a foot taller then her, so she does it mentally. A couple nights ago I told her I needed time away from her, which she knows means the gym. So she showed up at 1 in the morning, clearly high/drunk, and just went on a rampage, making fun of my job, my elementary school students, and then telling me she wanted a divorce, telling me that I am nothing without her. So once I told her that if she wanted a divorce then I would give her one, she then told me that she would never want me to divorce me and that we should consider having a BABY... Now I don't know what to do? I do love her but a baby is a huge step.. please help

Most Helpful Girl

• She does not want to have a baby and is just using the idea of a baby to trap you into having a relationship with somebody who mistreats you all the time. If you want to divorce her and its possible make sure you do it before the baby is born.

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly: Just because you're taller then someone doesn't make you stronger.

secondly: Leave her.. You sound like a nice man and she doesn't

Thirdly: Is she always getting high snd drunk

Fourthly: get a better woman

Fiftly: you're better then her

Six.. ly?:

What Girls Said 11

• Y'all don't need to bring a baby into that kind of mess. Y'all need to see if you can work on your relationship first. Get it to a healthy point before considering a baby. If you can't, then maybe you should consider going your separate ways. Some people just don't go good together and become more destructive as a couple than anything. Get your minds right. Figure out what the underlying issue for her behavior is and then go from there.

• Obviously she's not mature enough to have a baby.
    Tell her to lay off the drugs and booze and then see if she changes at all. If not then maybe you married the wrong person

• You and your wife need to work on your relationship before you even consider kids. Consider getting counselling.

• Counseling should be something you two are going to. I don't know why she feels the need to emasculate you.

• That's considered love nowdays ;D?

• go to couples counseling

• She was drunk so...

• You have to talk to her and tell her you feel really disrespected by her and you will not allow her to treat you like that. A baby will not solve any problems you two have but just make them worse. Tell her that if she continues to act verbally abusive by insulting you that you are not going to tolerate it anymore-drunk or not, and that it is starting to really affect you Communication is key.

• By all means do not have a baby with this woman. I honestly would divorce her, because she is abusive and she doesn't deserve you. You could try couples counseling, but you have every right to leave her.

• You do not deserve to be with someone like that because she sounds terrible. Personally I would divorce her but if you really like her I would si with her (when she's not drunk) and tell her how you feel. if she doens't understand then she doent diserve you!!

• Whoa. She's freaking nuts lol

What Guys Said 5

• A baby is what some people do to try to rescue a failing marriage. A baby does not save a bad marriage. A baby presents more of a strain and burden for a marriage, and makes the divorce much more difficult.

Listen to me; I am a divorce attorney. Don't do it!

• you all probably need counseling or at least sit down with each other and see where you both want your futures to go and if you all want to travel the same path. i also suggest you find her some type of way to cope with stress and anger other than you.

• wow... what a bitch makes fun of your students... is she like really hot or something?

• Having a baby won't fix whatever she's going through. Maybe counseling.

• She sounds fuckin nuts