What's the most you'd spend on a wedding?

I know a guy who married a rich girl and they spent $200,000 on their wedding! That's like a new house. I suppose if I saved up I'd spend about $40,000 at the very very max. Of course that's like a new car or a down payment on a house but I really want my wedding to be grand. What about you?

1316

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a lot, I'd prefer to keep the money and put it toward something for our future together, like a house... or a jetski...

My friend had an enormous wedding, must have cost £100,000+. Was good but christ, £15,000 on tents and marquees? If I had all the money in the world I wouldn't spend that amount on a party.

What Guys Said 15

• 50 dollars. Maybe 100.

I think it's an extreme waste of money spending it on a wedding. That money could be used in far better ways. I understand the symbolism of weddings, but there is no need to spend so much money on them.

• About $129, weddings are about the most useless thing to spend money on. Spend the money on a wedding and you'll never see it again. Take the same money down to the casino and you have an ever so slight chance of walking away with more.

• I'd want it to be special; not about the cost. Personally, I wouldn't mind a themed wedding, like at a Renaissance Festival. Plenty of built in food and entertainment, and a very memorable experience being married in the company of the King and Court.

• Even if money wasn't an issue I'd still want to have a small VERY small private wedding.

• Lol not getting married

• I wonder why females are so excited about the whole marriage ceremony thing.
    But looking at marriage laws today and how they totally are against men. Plus the whole feminism thing just makes marriage a bad idea and move in today's world.
    For females i guess it's great.

• maybe 21 million

• A few thousand $ would be a high maximum.

• I would spend about $50.00- 80.00 that would be my limit

• Nothing. I don't find it necessary

• I wouldn't care how much I spend because I'm marrying the person I love

• All my money, if I had $$

• I'll put in about $1000 to $2000. If she wants anything bigger, it either comes out of her savings or from her dad, lol.

• Cheaper wedding and use the money saved to help feed the homeless or help people who could really use some help.

• Like, tree fiddy.

What Girls Said 12

• Zero dollars and zero cents.

• If I ever got married I rather it be free. If I have to spend anything. It would be the least amount as possible. I rather use any money we had on things that would be reused.

• Um... I'll pay to rent a dress and buy a cake. Otherwise it's a backyard, BYOB barbecue! Lol. I suppose if I made more money I'd be willing to spend more. As it is I'm making coffee for $8.25 an hour part-time, three days a week >_<

• well my B/F and i are spending £9,000 on our wedding we dont want a big wedding or a lot of fuss just close family members and just our closes of friends

• I can spend quite amount of money if i have :D I do not have any limit :D LOL

• 5k absolute max. I just don't see the big deal about having a massive wedding. I'd much rather save the money and buy a house or travel the world.

• Well, obviously rich people have a lot more to spend and a lot more people to impress.

I'm not even sure I'd be willing to spend a thousand on a dress that I'm only going to wear once and hope the clothes moths aren't going to eat it.

• Like a 1000 dollars or less. I don't care for weddings.

• i'd want to spend at least ¥100,000

• 1K, it could be just the two of us. half would be for clothes, and the other half would be for food.

• My parents want to throw a huge wedding ceremony for me. And I think we have a four day ceremony. So if I let them do it, it would be around $40,000. That is excluding all the gifts and etc.

With the gifts inuded, probably around $70,000. (Depending on what they buy.)

But I don't want to spend that much money on my wedding.

That is way too much.
    Simple wedding is better for me.

• the most i'd spend is $10,000