Do girls give up after marriage?

Physically, do they? Guys, would you hate it?
Do girls give up after marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's about "giving up". After marriage people tend to have kids, and during that time a lot of changes happen to a woman's body. Not only that, but once the babies are out, you'll have almost no time to look after yourself since you will be focused on taking care of them. Add that to the fact that it gets harder to lose weight the older you get (most people's metabolism changes) and it's pretty much almost impossible to stay exactly the same as before. I honestly don't think a lot of people think stuff like "ah yes, now I'm married so now I can let myself go". Usually it's more about not having the time to work out as much, either because of kids or because of choice in career. So guys can also definitely "let go" if they choose a busy career or if they also want to focus on the kids.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1st things 1st, we need to remember that as we get older our body's gradually change, right? So of course most girls will lose their #physiques after a certain amount of time. (Same goes for guys... it comes with the game of life). Not to mention the fact that pregnancy + childbirth/s usually makes a major change in a woman's body. #NowActLikeYouDidntSeeThatWrittenThere ^_^ i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Most girls are told from a very young age that to attract a man, they'll need a fit body and or a cute face. Which is why their moms told/forced them to put on that #Warpaint in the 1st place via #brainwashing them.

Most of them are also brainwashed into thinking that #marriage should be their dream/endgame on average, right? So naturally speaking, they're going to do everything in their power to get that #RING on their finger. But the moment that it finally does happen to them. I guess they feel that "HEY I CAN RELAX NOW aka become complacent". Especially since they know that the guy can't divorce them without him losing a lot financially. Well, that is if he has anything worth something to begin with LOL

So they feel secure the moment that marriage license is printed... time to pig out now baby!!! HAHA

• They don't feel the need to impress their man anymore since he's locked down #TheyMadeIT

• @blondfrog Shid nigqa if I was a female I'd do the exact same thing that I wrote up there Since it's the smartest-easiest way through life as a female, right? (Well, if they have looks that is)

Ya know as in "being an HOT 20-year-old female who takes care of her body all in the hopes of attracting some dumb 50-100k salary making horndog to me.

Then I'd guilt trip him into marriage... wait 10 years like Kobe's wife did to divorce him for max profit... then I'd live good for the rest of my life while also finding a new man... so I'd have 3 sources of income total LOL

But hey the SYSTEM allows for girls do that crap without any risks to themselves. So why wouldn't they ABUSE THAT BITCH THEN to no ends like they do now?

• Yeah that's true just like how everything else gets abused. The only risk that the woman would have is getting beat up my her ex or killed lol. That's the only real thing they would have to look out for though other then that your spot on. Its really unfortunate too how the law in America tends to favor women too I mean if you look at the statistics from police records and jail records a lot less women get sent to death row then men do. @mistnigqa808

What Girls Said 14

• I think it's so dumb that people assume that.

• Some do. I've never been married so I can't say for sure.

It's been proven that most people gain weight when in long term committed relationships, not just women. The clinical term is "happy fat".

• We do this thing where we push a human being out of our vagina and it effects our body for the rest of our lives. I suggest you try it some time I hear it's super fun and rewarding.
    Also we then spend the rest of our time working, helping with the home, and raising kids.

• Nobody pushes us to do that tho some of just choose to do so

• Sadly that's true and a reason many women don't want children anymore

• @Sebbybae um most women still want children. Probably just as many as always. Only now those who don't aren't pressured into having them anymore. They know they can do other things besides being moms, so they do other things.

• HAHAHa... this pic.. LOL.. !!
    and I agree.. most people give up after marriage... guys too.. and this is not right.. I mean I would not give up.. I would like to look good as long as possible.. and I would expect my guy to take care of himself too.. being attracted to your partner is plays a big part in successful marriages.. and it works both ways.. :)

• Hey hey now. Don't die of laughter... I'm not responsible for any of those.

• It depends on the person.

As we get older our bodies change, of course. Not to mention the fact that pregnancy & childbirth make major changes in a woman's body.

• I don't think I will, too much self respect and health awareness, sorry.

• My mom gave up after having me and my sister. She didn't have time to look after herself, but my dad doesn't seem to mind. As he says there's more to love.

I do not plan on giving up because I worked hard to look like I do now and also I don't want kids, so noone will ruin my body for me. :D

• Well My mom is the one with the gym membership and my dad is the one with the beer belly so...

• I think it has more to do with childbirth, child rearing, and aging than getting married.

• Sure some do, others dont

• Most people get fat after marriage. Not just women.

• guys do too

• It's not like we stop eating healthy and working out after we get married. I'll probably be even more in shape because I'll have an awesome workout buddy.

• Plus I don't plan on having kids so that will help me out.

• My dating life starts after marriage (with the hubby, not other men), so no.

I will be even more fit.

But I have seen some women not caring about their appearance... but more like after having a baby.

But their husband started to stop caring about it too.

So I don't know.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, but it's not just women. I've seen many committed couples gain a LOT of weight together. I've even been subject to it myself, with my girlfriend becoming noticeably larger during our time together. It's a bit of a letdown, honestly. I still care for her, but I want to see her take care of herself. I don't need a skinny girlfriend, I need a healthy one who can go the distance with me. I, on the other hand, have put on 20 pounds of muscle by becoming a regular at the gym. I'm better looking than I was before I met her... It's odd how these things work sometimes.

I do want to say one thing about these photos, however. It might seem odd, but I'd take the woman on the right over the woman on the left here. I have grown to appreciate a little cushion on my women. I love those legs!

• Obesity is almost always the result of using food to cover up discomfort and stress. Not saying that a woman doesn't have a responsibility to keep herself in shape, but if a male is playing his role as a leader in the relationship, building positive tension, initiating sex and romance, setting life goals for you two as a couple, etc, then a woman will be happy and will not need to eat to cover up stress and discomfort.

• I think a lot of them do even when in a relationship. I think girls put more effort into looking sexy when they are single and want to attract a mate, however once they got one locked down they don't feel as much pressure to look good for them.

Also if a girl has kids that will play a role too. Its not easy for them to bounce back after giving birth.

• This applies for men too. People stop caring after marriage because they know their spouse will most likely stick around even if they become repulsive because divorce is a bitch. It's sad but yeah a lot of people are just lazy and only worked out to get the attention of the opposite sex.

• I like both tbh

• My wife needs to be in shape till im old lol. Otherwise she can't get upset if I bang her hot mate lol.

• Most people starts to lose their prime looks after marriage and after having kids

• LOL i think people care themselves all the time :D not till marry

• It's not necessarily marriage.

Researches in Sweden have discovered a certain "food" that specifically causes women to suffer from a constantly-lower sex drive and increased weight gain - wedding cake.

On a more serious note, it's a question of behavioral economics and incentives. Think of employment "at will" versus the kind of "security" an employment "contract" provides.

If you know that your employment can be "terminated" or you can be "replaced" for someone who either makes your employer "less unhappy" or "happier," how much incentive do you have to regulate your negative behaviors and constantly improve yourself and do things you know make your employer happy?

Now, take that fear away. Imagine your job security is secure. If your employer wants to "terminate" or "replace" you, it's going to cost him A LOT of time and money. The cost is so high, it's almost prohibitive. Which means, you can get away with a lot more, and each time your employer expressed how unhappy or upset he is, you can turn around and arrogantly say, "if you don't like it, fire me; otherwise shut up."

Once "marriage" has been secured from a man, the incentive to care about the things that men really want, or what really makes a man happy (as opposed to what other women, Oprah, Cosmo, and the Hallmark channel say makes men happy) goes away.

Often (not always, but often), men are just a means to an end. The "end" is not a happy marriage with a wonderful husband. The "end" is a safe and comfortable living as a mother with her children provided for and taken care of. A man is just a "means" to that end. So, "marriage" is merely "a step" towards that ultimate goal. (Secure resources, check; secure father figure; check).

Once children come in the picture, your partner's needs and wants go out the window. After they grow up, you're now old. So, your whole life has been spent basically catering to female needs and wants. And then you'll wonder why you're undergoing a "mid-life crisis."

Because instead of telling girls during your 20s and 30s, "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in a 'serious' relationship right now. And if you're 'not that kind of girl,' then let me not waste your time, because I'm not the kind of guy for you." ... You were instead allowing yourself to get sucked into relationship after relationship after relationship.

But that's YOUR FAULT, nobody else's.

• Those who give up on marriage often do so after their first child.