What's your opinion about husbands who help their wives in home duties?

Like helping them to clean the house or shop or even cooking.

• Its a manly move
  • Its not a manly move

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless the woman is at home and not working whereby doing housework is her job, then taking care of the home is a joint effort. If both partners are working, why should she do it all? This is where men get confused wondering why their women are too tired for sex and get all moody and resentful. It's because in this day and age, women are full time workers too, bringing home the second income, and when expected to cook and clean up, leaving all the housework to rest on her shoulders it's unfair. And men seem to have no problem benefitting from the second income. As partners, yeah, you're expected to help. Like I said, if she's home and not working, I would think that's her job in place of a job. Otherwise, if two people are going to share a home and work two jobs, then why is it even a question to help?

• She works the same 8hrs/day as me. We are not married yet but I don't like to do those stuffs I want to get some relax and rest when come from work home.

• I can but I'm not good at anything about housekeeping and think its wife's duty like taking care of kids.

• Well maybe not housekeeping but you could help with other things. My husband sucks at doing dishes and wiping down the counter top, but he vacuums and takes out the garbage. Just saying, that sooner or later she might get annoyed that this will always be your excuse.

Most Helpful Guy

• "husbands who help their wives in home duties" it makes it seem like it's the wife's job and that the man can help if he wants to or not. As far as I know he lives there, eats there, sleeps there... so he better get his ass moving and do some chores, he's a man, not a king.
    House chores should be split 50-50 unless one of them has no job.

What Girls Said 29

• We've been married for almost a month, so maybe we're not the perfect example to be asking. I think it's a pretty sexy, manly, attractive move on any guys part!

He always helps out with all the household chores. We usually split them up, he's sort of an advantage though we moved into his apartment that he's had for a year so he pretty much has a routine already. He even does the washing, he's so funny he separates every color, almost to the point of shades of the same color! (No complaints about that if he wants to do the washing that way I'll gladly let him.)

• "Helping his wife" makes it seem like it's her responsibility, and he's just lending a hand. If we're both working full time, then it's both of our responsibility to cook, clean, shop, etc.

• If he thinks he isn't helping he's sorely mistaken.

• When you live somewhere and are part of a household, you have an obligation to do your fair share of chores. Not just "helping" as you state here - helping someone is implying that it's all still their responsibility. I'd find it unmanly for him to just laze and relax around the house after work while I do everything else.

• I completely agree. I read your comment after giving my opinion, but I also think it's not ok to say "help" cause it implies it's the wife's job, when it isn't.

• If you are living there, it's your responsibility too!
    You think I'm going to pay half the rent and utilities and everything but do ALL the chores? HELL NO! My boyfriend does his share because he's not a little boy. If he cooks I do the dishes, if we both cook we both do the dishes. It's just easier.

• It has nothing to do with being manly or not. It has everything to do with being a team. Why wouldn't he help do some things?

• I'd love and kinda expect that especially if we both work - we should share the housework 50/50 just leaving one part with it would be nothing but lazy and unfair and I wouldn't see why I would ever wanna be in a relationship with a male chauvinist. :)

• I'm not someone who needs a man to be up her butt all the time, but it is nice to have a man help out. A relationship shouldn't be one-sided. As a couple/family, you should flow. Help each other out. It makes one feel appreciate, considered, cared for and not taken for granted. Less fights are bound to happen as a result.

• He's obviously the man! =)
    Love a man who realizes there are no woman's and man's duties. I fix a shelve, why can't my boyfriend hang some laundry?

;)

• He lives there too. He is also responsible for keeping the house. What am I? A slave? Go back to the 17th century with that noise.

• Um, my opinion is that the responsibilities are shared, so a woman doing home duties is helping her husband just as much as a man doing home duties is helping his wife. And sincerely sharing responsibilities is probably the primary way couples show they care for each other, so it's sexy as hell. Yeah, I'm a feminist, but I'm pretty sure that a big part of what my boyfriend finds attractive about me is that I make an effort to give at least as much as I get.

• Uh, he'd better be helping clean the house, and do shopping and cooking. I work full time, no way in hell would I be doing everything.

I like to split the work. I'll cook at night, if he cleans. We can write a list throughout the week and go shopping together on the weekend.

• Considering they're both part of the household, they both should do work. It shouldn't be that the husband 'helps' his wife because that makes it sound like its the wife's job. It's equally both their jobs.

• I think he is the men and that is definitely a turn on. A little less stress from his wife and he makes her happy. Its a win win situation 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

• I like it. I smile every time I read or see something like that. 😊😊

• It's a pretty reasonable expectation which most women these days have of their spouse.

• Manly and adorable

• sounds sexy to me.

• He's more than welcome to help me

• He's a keeper!

• Its not help. Anyone who lives in a house should be responsible for maintaining the house. Its not a matter of manly or unmanly, its gender neutral.

• If they dont help then they can kiss their ass goodbye.

• All I ask is for him to mostly clean up after himself. I can take care of my mess (es) and whatnot. If he's sick or injured, of course I will pick up the slack. It's fair, since we both live there in our place. I work full time, too. I don't mind cooking for the both of us, since most of the guys I have dated don't seem to know how to cook. That's not a problem.

For me, making a huge mess like leaving dirty dishes, trash, socks etc. all over is not okay. It sounds silly to type this out, it seems like common sense. But I lived with a guy that didn't work, moved in with me while I worked 12 hour days + sometimes, and came home to a huge mess. Nope.

• Dude it's ok to me. It is nice to help out someone you love. To me cleaning, cooking, and shopping are things anyone can do obviously

• HELL NO! My husband has an understanding that he's in trouble if he does any housework. I get really upset when he does anything to clean the house, and he really hasn't ever tried but once in awhile. Other than taking the trash out, grilling, bringing groceries in from the car and killing spiders he is not to clean anything. He doesn't even know where the laundry room at our apartments is.

• Gender shouldn't be the reason you do those things. Women and men are capable of doing them it doesn't make a men less men its just cleaning and shopping and cooking I mean its 2015 !

• I expect us to do an equal amount of housework.

• Neither, it's just considerate.

• Manly move.

What Guys Said 16

• How about an option for... it's just fucking gotta be done

• It's neither a manly or an un-manly thing to do.
    It's the thing to do.
    Part of the house , part of the responsibility.

I mean... everyone works. There's no reason to say "oh I'm the breadmaker so all I have to do is sit on my ass"
    God no.
    What is this?
    1955?

IF , the wife happens to be a housewife then well show her how much you love her with your actions then.

• But what if he actually is the breadwinner and his job is hard as it is and he wants to come home and relax after a hard day at work?

• And he will have homework...

• @ThisDudeHere
      and he has osteoporosis and has to sit on the dialysis machine for 2 hours a day , yeah yeah whatever.
      Come on man , just take after yourself and don't leave the place in a mess.
      That's not hard to do.
      The LEAST you can do is after eating , put the dishes in the sink. If you've made a mess , clean up after yourself. Don't turn the bathroom into waterworld and keep your own quarters nice and tidy.
      Is that too much to ask?
      You live there.

• It's not manly or not. It's basic respect. All duties should be shared, be they household chores, looking after sprogs or working. Naturally if one of you is working twice as many hours, the other will be doing more housework, but its about ballance and finding what is best for you both. If she hates doing the washing up, he should do it. If they are both undecided about the hoovering whoever has the most spare time should do it. Its pretty straight forward.

• I have no opinion about it. I just do it. When people live together , it's normal that duties are shared. Thus I changed napkins, I do the dishes etc.

• They probably enjoy lots more sexy time.

• Totally manly

• It is sweet but I've personally watched women lose respect for their men because they did too much to help around the house. So I wouldn't do it.

• good for him

• Manly move of course and it's something in my relgion men should do

• i think its gay! yh fam?

• WAIT? Girls some girls (minority) don't want the man to be thoughtful and help?

• I think it's normal.

• I don't know anything else

• Love for sure

• This has nothing to do with masculinity or femininity.

No, the question is, why aren't they earning enough money to pay someone to do that shit for them?

• Husbands should help their wives in households work if they have time