Question for Muslims from a non-Muslim?

What are your thoughts on marriage to someone outside your faith? I'm given to understand that it's permitted for Muslim men to marry "people of the book" (Christian or Jewish), but while it's not expressly forbidden in the Quran, Muslim women generally aren't allowed to. There are some couples who do anyway (George and Amal Clooney being a notable example), but I'm trying to gauge the general attitude towards the idea.

I'm in love with a Muslim woman, and she loves me back, but neither of us want to ask the other to abandon their faith. Resistance to this has come from my family, moreso than hers.

• I am Muslim, I would be open to interfaith relationships and marriage
  • I am Muslim, I would not be open to interfaith relationships and marriage
  • I am not Muslim, but I would be open to marrying one.
  • I am not Muslim, and I would not be open to marrying one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Muslim and I would be open to interfaith relationships and marriage. I know it is looked down upon but growing up with a Father who is Palestinian and a Caucasian mother I can't help but desire being with someone who is of a different faith and race. I'm dating a guy who is agnostic right now but my family doesn't know. If we do become very serious then I would tell my parents and try to get my fathers permission.

• Not judging not judging nit judging just asking do u think u can marry without the permission of ur parents and u know that muslim men can't marry an atheist or adnostic and of course females can't marry a non muslim man and u realise that u sell god's love for a human again nit judging

• I'm so sorry if I offend you in any way or if I sound judgmental, that's not my intention at all so please don't take it like that already, it's not my position nor responsibility to judge you or to tell you what to do/not do in your life, it's only Allah's position, but I guess it's my duty as a Muslim myself to tell you about that in case you didn't know or to remind you about it in case you forgot, because as Allah says:

"وَلْتَكُن مِّنكُمْ أُمَّةٌ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى الْخَيْرِ وَيَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَأُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ"
      Translated: [And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful.] (Qur'an 3:104)

And he also says:

"فَذَكِّرْ إِنْ نَفَعَتْ الذِّكْرَى*سَيَذَّكَّرُ مَنْ يَخْشَى"
      Translated: [ So remind, if the reminder should benefit; He who fears [ Allah ] will be reminded] ( Qur'an 87: 9-10).

• So my point comes from there ^ and again, I'm so sorry if I came up as a judgmental person, wallahi that's not my purpose. I truly understand the environment and the circumstances that you were raised in which make you interested in dating and being in relationships with non-Muslims, that's totally understandable. But I thought I would do my duty and remind you about something important in our religion, even if I don't know you in person, but the fact I that knew you are a Muslim is enough for me to care about you as much as I would care about my sister and pretty much any other Muslim. And after that, you are enlightened to your own opinion and free to do whatever you want in your life. :)

I apologize for bothering you with my long comments lol

Peace and love ✌🏼️❤️

Most Helpful Guy

• Islam does not encourage the interfaith marriages. The general rule of Islam is that Muslims should marry Muslims. A Muslim male or female should not marry a non-Muslim male or female. The only exception is given to Muslim men who are allowed to marry the chaste girls from among the People of the Book (Christians and Jews).

• It's not exactly encouraged in Christianity either. We both know how serious this is, and we've discussed the differences. I'm just trying to determine if this is something that both of our families and the community at large could come to accept in time, what the general attitude toward it is.

• I appreciate your honesty.

• You are very welcome. I wish the best of luck for both of you.

What Girls Said 2

• I am not muslim, but I am open to marrying one, specifically my current boyfriend.

It might b difficult bcause of my family, but for this muslim in particular, i might b willing to face the obstacles.

If we r meant to b together, I hope that I remain strong through the storm.

• I thought u were a Muslim 😂

• Thanks dear feel free to talk to me of u wanted and I talk a lot so definitely I will talk to u l8r 😛

• Hehe. Ok. Its a deal 😊

• i will never marry non muslim for lots of reasons one of them (main reason) being its prohibited

and p. s" just because two famous people did it doesn't make it right or allowed

this is one of those tough choices you face in live i guess, think about it carefully

i was in your situation by the way (he was agnostic) i told him it can't happen because he is not muslim.. etc etc and i wasn't letting myself fall for him and didn't see him that way
    he started trying to "bend" the rules, told him it wasn't possible
    he started asking questions about islam and i answered him with the best i could , then he got more and more curious over time
    and then (he didn't flat out say it ) but he was kinda like " i might convert for you... but im not sure yet" i made it clear that he can't convert for me either, he can only convert because HE BELIEVES in Islam and he WANTS to convert, not because of me or any other thing/person on this earth... only because he truly believes and thats something only between him and Allah...

anyways, the whole thing (from the very start to the end) took like 2-3 years and he is now.. like a missionary but for islam (like a scholar but not exactly) and im really proud of him for it tbh even though we are not together currently (he is happily married now though)

What Guys Said 5

• Look sir what u said is completely trey but when a Muslim woman marries a non muslim man that's a big time sin and yes people do it we don't make people things do things anyone wanna do anything he does it so I don't about ur girl

• My girlfriend is white but christian therefore I will try marry her althouth muslims dont or hardly ever actually go through with it.

• in Islam, a man can marry a person from any religion, but woman cannot. Because the child usually picks their father's religion.

• Not from any religion, just the chaste girls from among the people of the book (Christians and Jews).

• @omar5881 infield.

And for "mushrik" it's polytheistic.

• @yazanAA thanks a lot Bro 😃

• I am Muslim. And I don't think I can marry with a non. Religion isn't the mere reason :)

• I voted C, but only if she's not devout - which would be the case if she married me, an infidel.