Are we doing it all too early?

Me and my wife are 25 and 24 respectively: we've been married 2 years already and we really want to start a family. After mentioning the prospect of children to my parents, they told me that maybe we should wait a while and enjoy married life because you don't want to do everything too early. Have they got a point? We do want to have children and we're excited about the prospect of parenthood but my parents do have quite a valid point. What should i do? Is it too early to start thinking about having kids or should we go for it?

I know it says 18-24 I don't know why it still has that as my age range

Most Helpful Girl

• You and your Dearly Beloved have been 'Married 2 years already,' and with this, even Before when there was more in store with you Both having nursed and nurtured a Real Relationship, you feel it Might be time to Add to your love Line... About having kids. Children often have a way of Binding the bough and keeping it from Breaking.
    It's always nice to talk to mom and dad of Important things that one sometimes deems Necessary in getting their own wise ol' owl Opinions, being they 'Have lived longer.' However, it doesn't Always mean they Know what is Best, especially for two birds of a feather who were Mature enough to tie the knot, keep the flames going and flowing in the Romance department and have made this Work with a lot Of.. Team work on both your ends.
    It should Now be your So and your own decision and if you feel it is time to Bring more of a bond into your life with your wife, then do things in baby steps in Preparing for this Blessed event and in the end, when you tell mom and dad "We are pregnant," believe me, you will not hear any guff or stuff on their own end.
    Good luck and bless you both.. You have my blessings to make this a baby bond. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• There are distinct advantages to waiting and distinct advantages to starting early. When older folks advise younger people to wait, the primary focus is making sure that you have a marriage which is going to survive and thrive and not end in divorce.

Of course, having children is an irreversible decision so it is one which should be given much thought beforehand. Make that decision through good communication and collaboration with your wife and you will be fine.

What Girls Said 7

• I have many friends who already have kids who are my age (26) and younger. They are quite happy. There is truly no right time to have a baby. It's basically whenever you feel you can commit the time and are willing to make sacrifices and realize that your life is about to change.

I can certainly understand why your parents would feel that way. They just want you to be fully prepared. Having a baby completely changes your life in many ways. You can no longer just go out when you want, everything has to be pre-planned.

I say do as much research as you can and then sit down and think about it. No one can tell you when the time is right. It's up to you two and whether you feel ready.

• Two years is enough time to have been married. If you feel ready then I wouldn't let other's opinions get in the way.

• Do what you think is right for you both. I mean, your parents do have a point but you shouldn't wait for too long to start a family of your own if that's what you want. But do consider all options and consequences. Having kids is not easy. You have to be more responsible and things will over-whelmed but it takes time and patience to have it all. Just choose your options wise.

• Go for it!!

• It depends, are you wanting to go to school? Are you wanting to travel more? or maybe save more money to buy a car or house? Kids are a lot of work, and they take all of your time, your patience and your expenses. I say enjoy yourselves for a couple more years, maybe 2 more years.

• Enjoy at least a couple of more years together - get out and do lots of things together, and enjoy lots of sex - It will make your marriage stronger and you will not feel like you missed out... because when a kid comes along it stresses out your marriage to have a needy little person to look after and you won't get as much time together.

• Everyone else's opinion is irrelevant, do what you feel you want to. If you want to start a family, you go for it. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 3

• My parents had me when they were 21 and 24, and they don't regret getting started that early at all. It's hard to make a generalization about age for that kind of thing. It depends on you two and people and what you want. For some people they need that chance to do some more things before the assume responsibility for caging for a child. For other people, raising children is more rewarding than anything else they could be doing so there is no reason to wait.

• just wait a few more years, go travel while you're still childless. It becomes way harder with a kid. Its a huge switch to flip and there's no going back to being as adventurous as before.

• You got married way too young aswell