What do housewives do all day?

I'm not asking about stay-at-home parents. I know exactly what they do all day.

What do housewives do all day? Assuming that they clean the house everyday, it can't possibly be that dirty so it wouldn't take long. Meal prep doesn't take that long either - an hour or two maximum.

What do they do with the rest of their time?

Most Helpful Guy

• other than the usual clean, cook, shop routine I bet some watch tv, sit on the computer, text with people, engage in whatever hobbies theyre into. Housewife is almost an insult these days because it's someone who probably should be doing some kind of work but is choosing to "take care of the home" or as we single working people call it: daily life of a normal human being. Not a single one of my friends/family is married to that type of woman, they all have jobs or careers in something they enjoy and they both split work at home. Sounds like something a richer person might afford but not for us lowly mopes :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not exactly a housewife but I do take care of things for my grandma. I keep busy with housework, gardening, shopping, couponing, cooking, and managing things like cable shopping, messing with insurance, etc... If you add in fun friends it's really easy to fill your days quickly.

What Guys Said 6

• they also go to their morning yoga, then enjoy a $20 salad with their friends. then its massage. and then back home.

im just grabbing things from tv shows and movies lol.

• Yeah, I have no idea. I doubt that's it though! That's still only a few hours.

• that guy is a sensitive traditional fucking noodle lol.

• He is a noodle! Or better yet! A pudding brain!

• They cheat on their husbands while crying about how their husbands aren't paying enough attention to them and spending said husbands' hard-earned money.

That was a joke. I honestly don't know what they do. If I was ever a house-husband, I'd just play video games and illegally download music. After the cleaning and meal preparation is done, of course.

• Yoga,$10 coffee from Starbucks, gossip with rich lady friends, eat at le cafe fancy, grocery shopping, pick up kids from school in minivan and play soccer mom, always on her iPhone, always home in time to finish dinner or they pick up the meal from a restaurant and eat at home like shown on tv commercials. Middle class generalizations.

• Hopefully they have friends so they r not bored as shit. Maybe if they're intellectuals they read books 2.

• After everything is done, sip wine, see friends, masturbate, etc.

These days, probably waste a lot of time on the internet.

• Go out and talk to neighbors
    go to the grocery store
    some surf the internet

• None of those things take up a lot of time! You don't spend eight hours browsing Whole Foods everyday!

• you are right, it turned out more boring than i thought

What Girls Said 6

• 1|1
    • So why is it that men seem to want housewives?

• 1. They are traditionalists.
      2. They want a pretty face that will cook/clean for them everyday.
      3. They want their wife to be solely dependent on them so they won't leave.

Personally I find the idea of being a housewife dull and outdated.

• Lol when she turned fat n Don was like uh uh I'm not having it.

• I find they do a lot of extras such as baking gardening volunteer work etc. granted quite a few don't do much it's not a majority. Like my mother after The Kids moved out stayed at home still. She did jams, knitted socks, did sewing, maintains multiple vegetable gardens, handles finances and a few other odds and ends. The housewife does everything for her husband outside of work so he doesn't have a worry. It's a trade off.
    Personally I'm not cut out to be s housewife but I respect those who make that choice

• I've always wondered about this too and now that I've been home for the whole summer vacation, I haven't even paid attention to what my mom does lmao! I'll let you know tomorrow xD

• I don't think many "housewives" exist anymore... most women either work or have kids to take care of. I guess they exist in the world of super rich people. And they probably just shop and have tea or whatever with their other rich housewife friends.

• I have no idea and I will never know for myself lol

• Watch telly