In September I leave for boot camp for the Navy, my girlfriend has been dropping some pretty big hints that she wants me to propose. For instance: I'm a senior, she's a junior, she just got her class ring and I was looking at it, she said now I just need one for my left hand, possibly before you leave for basic, and then the other day we were at the art museum and there was a jewelry display, she asked if I was looking for jewelry, possibly a ring. And I do want to propose to her before I leave, but I have no idea how to do it, so if you could give me some Ideas that would be great!

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. The last thing you want to do is get married going into the military. You'll be divorced in a matter of months. She'll get her first real dose of life outside your hometown, with 5000 guys to choose from, and you'll be off away either in class or TDY or on a ship. Good job for giving her assloads of options to choose from, because that's exactly what's going to happen.

I strongly suggest you wait at least a year after being in to even consider getting married. You don't know it yet, but your life will change dramatically when you enlist, as will your outlook on life. Ideally I'd say wait until your close to 30 to get married. By then any major changes in your personality will be complete, you'll know what you want in life, as well in a woman, and you'll be in a position to choose the best woman for your long term future. Right now is the days you should be figuring out what you like and don't like in a woman. Marrying the first thing that came along you happened to gel with isn't going to give you that life experience and I think is part of what's driving up divorce rates in this country.

What Girls Said 1

• You could get in touch with the art museum you went to and ask if you could set up some sort of display where you can put her engagement ring and maybe some sort of message asking her to marry you, so when you visit the museum with her you can casually stumble across this display. If the museum can't do it, then try other places, even a local shop might let you display something in their window, so you can surprise her out shopping one day.

What Guys Said 2

• Simple, go to dinner and pretend to go to the bathroom, then sneak around behind her when she's not looking and drop to one knee and tap her on the shoulder. She actually gave you a great one when you went to the museum. Go back there, subtly make your way back to the jewelry display, when she mentions something just say "actually I was kind of looking at this one" and take it out. Then just ask "well what do you think?".

• That would be pretty cool or if maybe you could work something out with the museum maybe they could put the ring in there and have a card under it saying will you marry me that would be pretty nice

• What are some of her interest, I could give you some really good ideas if I knew

• She likes anime, she does have the same interests in music as me, she loves listening to me play guitar, she likes hockey, because she use to watch me play, when I still did, she likes the outdoors, stuff like that