Ashley Madison (cheating website) hacked and user account information released. What are your thoughts?

http://gizmodo.com/the-ashley-madison-hackers-just-released-all-of-their-s-1724920693?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Ashley Madison, the website dedicated to find partners in order to have an extramartial affair, was hacked a little bit of time ago and the information of it's users have been released to the public. Who do you think is in the wrong here?

I'm glad to see the cheaters get their comeuppance, but something that irritates me is the fact that the hackers tried to deny personal accountability for their actions (in their public release note, they told the users to blame the owners of Ashley Madison for failing them, and not the hackers themselves for cracking their security and stealing the information). That's like pointing a gun to someone's head and saying, "Don't blame me for pulling this trigger." If I were a hacker, at least I would be honest about what I am and what I did.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

• A - Good. Serves the cheaters right.
  • B - The hackers are wrong. What people choose to do, no matter how bad, is always their personal right.
  • C - The creators of the website are wrong.
  • D - The creators of the website, the users, and the hackers are all wrong.
  • E - Other

Most Helpful Girl

• First I dislike cheaters with a passion. I don't feel sorry for them and I am ecstatic that they were outed. I think they're spouses should hold off on the divorce until the lawsuit settlement money comes in and then hit they're adultering partner twice in the divorce!
    Second I've know about this site since 2001 when it first appeared. Oddly enough they were one of the advertisements shown during commercial breaks for the show "Cheaters". The site disgusted me to no end. As a business major I find it genius to bank on the immoral conduct of others. It wouldn't be the first time a company has done it.
    Third the hackers are definitely wrong. I don't even think the reason they gave for hacking Ashley Madison is even the real reason. People laughed when hackers released the SSN and personal information of wealthy people a few years back, but when regular people are attacked you hear more of an outcry. Hacking for such purposes is wrong. They need to do some good like taking down ISIS, and websites on the deep web that engage in pedophilia and other stuff I can't mention or my post will be taken down.

In short everyone is wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sites are hacked every day, so I don't think the creators of the site are in the wrong for having an imperfect security system... and I'm glad that the cheaters were exposed, it's not fair to their partners.

Overall, I'm just baffled that such an immoral business was able to thrive that well.

What Girls Said 10

• I made a post about this as well, and I honestly think that it's complete bull, I mean people do cheat yes, the website helps them to do so easier, however the hackers are just as in the wrong because they hacked it for all the wrong reasons.. they didn't actually care about the cheaters and wanted "revenge. All of it is stupid really

• All of them were wrong. The hackers for doing something illegal, but morally good in my opinion. The sleazes who cheated. And the creators of the website who allowed people to do so.

• People have the right to be scumbags just as much as others have the right to capitalise on it.

What the hackers did is wrong, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad the data got released.

• People need to start understanding that nothing you put online is ever private and never never goes away

that aside I don't really care

• I don't blame the hackers...

I applaude them

• I feel like the creators are the most wrong here bc they gave these cheaters an outlet for their actions in which they may not have had if it werent for this stupid website. But i apsolutely despise cheaters too, so they get what they deserve☺️

• Fucking D.

• Serves the cheaters right

• they're all wrong !

off with their heads !

• You're right. The hackers are dishonest.

What Guys Said 10

• No one has the right to release other people's personal information. They probably disapprove of a lot of things YOU say and do as well! Does that give them the right to release all YOUR information?

• The website is innocent.

The hackers are wrong for stealing private information. I've never liked hacker I've always seen them as spineless little weasels who feel empowered for being able to fuck with people in the digital realm. Part of me is glad that the cheaters have been exposed but I still don't support havkers.

The cheaters are wrong too, but they made their choice and even if that website didn't exist they would have likely just found a different way to cheat.

• It's wrong to cheat but it's also wrong to publish peoples private info to the public against the law. Everyone involved is in the wrong.

• It's a pretty ugly situation all the way around. Still more concerned about the OPM hack personally.

• one time i'm actually proud of data hackers to bring a problem to light

• Friggen serves them right. Small people.

• EVERYONE'S WRONG.

• As though it was an act of God to punish the adulterers...

• Good for the cheaters, I am glad I don't use it