How do you feel about monogamy?

I believe monogamy is a religious invention created to make us all prudes. I believe it is another system of control meant to make us be whatever those in power would like us to be. I believe it holds us back from true freedom. Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• its something thats needed.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• You can enjoy your true freedom all you want until you have children. Monogamy is needed to maintain balance in a family. The life you are describing is not conducive to raising healthy children. The world would be a complicated place with much more crimes of passion and lots of children in therapy.

• I'm for it when it comes to the relationships I'm in, but if someone else isn't into it that's fine with me. Just don't tell me I'm wrong, or religious just for wanting to only be with one person. .3.

• I like it. It's the only type relationship I want.

• Monogamy wasn't even created by religion. Shows how much you dont know.

• I rather not live in a overpopulated world full of jealous men and women and cheaters

• I want one loyal man... that's it. I do not want to get an STD because the chances are higher if the person cheats or has multiple partners. I'll stick with monogamy.

• Monogamy is how our brains are wired. Many animals in nature also mate for life.

But, you know, do you.

What Guys Said 7

• You say it holds us back from true freedom. Freedom to sleep around? Well sleep around by all means but what do you say to people who don't want to do that? People who want to be monogamous?

• Monogamy wasn't a religious invention. It arose as an effort to quell violence over mates and ensure that child rearing wasn't a solo act in the days when survival was pretty dicey.

• Nice. Very good scientific reason for monogamy.

• Some animals go Monogamy toom they understand that it gaves more chances for their babies to survive. It applyes to us a little too. We quickly understood that it was a better behaviou for the future of primitive humans.

• I think that, at least it as one positive point. It has created conditions to raise healthier generations of humans.

Im afraid children would life in a more problematic world without the dedication of 1 dad and 1 mom. They would be problematic adults, instable and always looking to fuck as much women they could.

It was good for us : )

• I believe monogamy is the first stage of a relationship and that it needs to evolve into polyamory. Permanent monogamy is stagnation and a restriction of one's natural urges.

• It's one reproductive strategy of many possible ones. It benefits females and less desirable males.

• I'm a polygamous person, but people do what they want. I also have religious beliefs. I don't think monogamy came from religion I think it came a need for peace instead of people dying over mates.