Why do so many people get married in college these days?

Is this a new trend? I see it all the time now.

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, I've noticed the same thing the past three our four years.

On the campus I was on, I saw it all the time! I think it's coming BACK from the past. I know this was common in the 1950's or so but the trend is slowly, but surely, assimilating into our modern day culture again.

What Guys Said 3

• No untell 100 years ago most People got married under 18 king tut was 9 when he married a 7 year old

• Stupidity and impulsiveness.

• Because those people are probably stupid bible thumpers.

• What does this have to do with anything? You're ignorant.

• Not true at all. Again, you're ignorant.

• It is true, I've seen it happen with very religious kids in college. They demonize sex before marriage so they just suppress all their natural urges and get so pent up that don't even mind getting married so they can let one out already. There was even one extremely religious kid at my school who proposed to his girlfriend within a month of knowing her.

What Girls Said 4

• I got engaged at 16 though (personal reasons) but I think it's amazing... The guy fully devotes to you and rest assured we don't have to compete with other girls for a guy or guys competing for a girl also it makes the relationship a lot stable from what I've expierenced I trust my fiancĂ© a lot, even though he talks to his female classmates through phone I know he won't betray me... And with sex even if the girl becomes pregnant we can be rest assured that the guy won't run away but instead will take his responsibilities

• seems like everything is geting done younger and younger.

• They met the right one early

• really? I've never seen that.