Would most women in the US be greatly bothered if their fiance wants a prenup agreement in their marriage?

I often hear a lot of men complaining about getting financially screwed over by their ex-wives but apparently, they've never heard of a prenup. Some say they never agreed to a prenup with their ex-wives because they'll start getting mad and turned off of a marriage potential happening.

• Yes
    25% (3)60% (9)44% (12)Vote
  • No
    50% (6)7% (1)26% (7)Vote
  • Depends
    25% (3)33% (5)30% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind signing a prenup but I would find it weird for someone who doesn't have a lot asking for one. Also a prenup only protects what you had before the marriage and not during. I plan on being wealthy so I would have my future husband sign one as well. ;)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• the wealth of a wife must be independent, even if she is a billionaire her husband is obliged to provide her needs, and it is forbidden to him to spend even a cent from her money without her acceptance, and when she does, it considers charity not a duty.
    Therefore earnings during the marriage won't be divided 50 / 50 due to the independence of wife's wealth.
    That is what Islam teaches us.

0|0
    1|0
    • Better than signing a prenup agreement or getting earnings divided 50 / 50.

• A greedy girl downvoted me.

What Girls Said 4

• Nope, I wouldn't be offended by that at all. I'm married and we have a prenup. I can only hope that it holds up in court if we ever break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be offended. In fact, I'm rather pushing for one myself.

1|1
    0|1
  • I would prefer one actually. I have my own things and i'll keep mine, he can keep his.

0|0
    0|0
  • why should it bother them?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because a lot of men behind a computer keep making these assumptions that women who are marrying them are only after their money.

• Show All
    • Supposedly because women receive no money or possessions at all from their ex-husbands once they file for divorce. Without prenups, women can rightfully take half of their ex-husbands hard-earned income once the ex-wife files for divorce.

• that might bother a lot of them to be honest. but, if the spouses have a mortgage together, then they still mat be tied together by debt even if they divorce anyway.

What Guys Said 1

• If they can't agree to a prenup then they are gold diggers.

0|0
    0|0