Do you ever want to get married? If you're already married, did you want to before you met your husband/wife?

• Yes, I'd like to get married
  • No, I don't want to get married

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't, but I also wouldn't say no
    if my girlfriend really wanted to.

I mean, I don't need some paper
    to show the world that I love her.. ^.~

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• Marriage is something only stupid/naive/uninformed people do, usually. Most people have unrealistic expectations and also don't realize that humans are not naturally monogamous. And, somehow, 'cheating' is an instant-end-relationship moment, regardless of if you claimed, "I will love you forever, no matter what happens, through sickness and through health, through the good and the bad [unless you cheat on me or I stop loving you as much as I do now]." It's ridiculous.

As a male, especially, given our innate desire to have sex with as many women as possible. Which many will attempt to disclaim, so they look better to other females. But, society also teaches males that they should want marriage. So, some are just deluded into thinking that's the main thing they want. And they might, intellectually. But instinctively, they'll still desire many other women.

I mean. How are your parents? If they managed to stay married, they probably fight like cats and dogs and either outwardly hate each other or have this sort of muted resentment towards the other. Maybe there's some degree of something not-really-love, like a sort of appreciation. But, in the vast majority of cases, marriage ends in lack of fulfillment. Best case scenario, it actually goes well and you have to watch the person you love more than life itself die. Well, I guess best case scenario would be dying before them; but, yeah. I can't imagine how painful that would be.

Oxytocin is released in your brain when you meet a good potential mate, making you feel like you would do anything for them or that they are the most amazing person on Earth. People confuse this feeling, and call it 'love'. But, it's not. It's basically getting high, because you're brain is making you feel good around them, so you will want to fuck them and have babies. The thing is. After you've been with one person for some arbitrary period of time, your brain stops releasing that oxytocin, and you start to notice the other person's flaws and don't have that initial concept of 'love' towards them, because your brain is saying, "Okay. Either you've had babies with this fe/male already, or they are infertile, so it's time to move on." And many, many, many people justify this by saying, "Oh, well, we fell out of love, so we got divorced."

Only foolish people get married. Especially in their 20s, since people change tremendously in the 20s. The person you marry at 20 is not the same person you're married to when they're 30.

• Yes i'm married and always felt this way, why? I don't know, i just always wanted to find a girl and give her my heart and live our lives together till the end.

• The way I feel right now. HEK NO!!!

• Really? Why not?

• You :)

Have a nice day

• @Hurtful_Calamity why did you talk to me in the first place then. Smh... I don't have time for rude people behaving with shitty attitudes like you just did.

• Yes im all about love

• Yes, I want to get married.

• Yes, i would like to someday

• I'd love to be married someday.

• No I personally see no reason for it. If others want to get married though good for them.

• Lol nope why ruin a relationship with gambling didn't you know it's bad to gamble

• Some day I will get my dream girl.. 💕

• Yes I hope to marry one day

• I really don't wanna be married. It seems like a hassle that's not necessary at all

• i see no need for it

• Marriage is evil so never.

• HELL NOH!!

• Why don't you want to get married?

• Because marriage is a thing of the past.

What Girls Said 9

• when i was younger i always wanted to get married. i am married no so i got what i wanted :D its really a good feeling having that kind of connection and bond with somebody.

• I will be getting married.

• Same here

I want to get married, but it will only b worth it if with the right person.

If not... Hell no lol

I dream of a love filled marriage. So that we can romace each other for the rest of our lives.

doesn't it sound wonderful? :)

• Yes, I do want to get married.🙆

• i would really like to someday

• Maybe one day.

• I'm of the opinion that marriage isn't needed and is essentially useless outside government acceptance of two individuals monogamous relationship.

• it would be nice

• Yes, someday I would love to be married