If you knew they were trying to decide and could influence their decision, which would you choose: Ring or house?

If you knew a proposal was eminent and could choose wether they spent the money on an engagement ring or a down payment on a house you both loved - and only one of those could happen, what would you choose?

• ring
  • house
  • I deserve both
  • Just show me the answers
Wow, I am surprised how many are in agreement on this one!

Most Helpful Girl

• i would choose the house. something we can both enjoy for the rest of our lives :) a cheap ring is still a ring. its the meaning behind the ring thtat's important :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• I want the ring. It doesn't have to be an expensive ring. I don't understand why you're assuming a girl just wants an expensive one. You can have both. And don't forget girls work too. She'll be helping with that down payment.

• I would choose the house. That's our home, somewhere we can raise our family and live out the rest of our lives together. A ring is a ring that I can get anytime or I can get for cheap, or just not get at all, but the house is something that would significantly improve our lives, cement a future for us, and who knows how long it'll be on the market for?

• A "forever home" sounds much more better then a ring. It's a place where you need to make more memories so that sounds more promising.

• I never want an expensive ring in the first place, I don't even like diamonds, they're so plain and typical to me.

• Ring is just an object. House is where you can build a home with your love. House can come first and ring could come later

• If you're living together and have experience managing combined finances... then the house. If you never lived with your fiancĂ©... get the ring. You don't want to invest in a home if you're not sure of that persons money management skills plus some people aren't house people. Make sure that's what SHE wants.

• A house of course. That's something that's actually necessary. The ring is just for looks.

• If these are my only choices, than house it is. Having a nice place to live is much more important at the end of the day than a rock on your finger.
    But, if I could choose between a fancy wedding and a ring, I would chose the ring. It must be fun to wear a beautiful wedding gown looking like a princess, but I feel like people spend too much money on just one day. And they don't even enjoy it! (it's stressful, you need to talk to way too many people and usually focus on things other than enjoying the day you just spend a couple thousand bucks on). At least I get to wear the ring for the rest of my life (or marriage).

• Well said. My personal experience was that the wedding day flew by and there were so many things to do that it wasn't spent just enjoying it. If I were to donut over - if have as small wedding and a big party at my house... later.

• i deserve both but i would choose the house lol
    we DO need a roof over our heads lol

• Entitlement words like "deserve" bother me. I'm greatful not everyone has this perspective. Thank you for sharing your opinion, though.

• I guess it's hard to not be defensive, based on how my original comment was phrased. Why do you deserve both?

• everyone deserves best of the best... we might not get it, but it doesn't mean we dont deserve is

• I would choose the house.

What Guys Said 1

• the house is way more important than a ring, i would rather finish paying off a house rather then buying the one i love a ring. she can wait until we are steadily going along with life and have a bit more money