My family refuse to come to my wedding? What should I do?

My family are really mad because I'm 19 and going to marry a man who's 31 years old. I send them an Invitations but they said we won't come to your weeding if you're going to marry this man and we are serious. This is stupid, I mean it's my choice and I love him so much. My best friends are going to be there for me, but still I need my family with me too! Why his family's ok with it but why my family don't want me to marry him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't say I blame them. :/

• Why? :(

• Agreed. Completely. +1

• @Esplorare Thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's their loss, if you're happy then they should be happy for you, in many cases parents think that they know us better than we know ourselves which isn't always the case and they think they know what is best for us. Just enjoy your wedding day and the whole experience, it will be them that feels a loss and should be more accepting of your life choices. I know it's sad and you want their support. Just explain that you love him and that you are happy and if they still don't fancy coming then leave them be.

What Guys Said 2

• You can't change how our family feels and you can't change how they behave. Get accustomed to this treatment from your family, or don't get married. (I am definitely NOT suggesting that you don't get married; I am merely stating that those are your limited choices.)

• Party on without them! I know it hurts to not have your family there, but the focus should be on you and your man tying the knot. :)

• I will try :(

• Do your absolute best to not let your family's betrayal, ruin your big day! :)

• Thank you :(

What Girls Said 5

• well, the age difference is so gigantic.

• So? :(

• Because he is older than me it doesn't mean he's a bad man. He could just have sex with me as much as he want and break up with me and walk away like nothing happened but he didn't. He is very serious about everything

• he might like being on control/dominant and maybe you being dependent. your family could be seeing things you don't.

• it is but i can see why their mad, your not even in your twentys and ur marrying someone. think about it, if you guys will end up splitting and everything you dont want that and you dont want your family saying" i told you so"

• At 19, you are an immature little girl who has no clue what the real world is all about and he is a grown man who is using you for sex.

• We are going to get married after few days! And I'm not a little girl :(

• Ouch, but true @Asker

• @Asker you may not feel like a little girl but it takes LIFE EXPERIENCE to earn grown woman status.

• just marry him without them there then.

• Of course you're family isn't going to come but I'm sure they'll be there for your divorce in a year :)