Am I wrong for only wanting to marry a rich man?

My reason for this is because I don't want to let go of my lifestyle. I come from a wealthy family and I and my family expect me to marry someone who is from at least at the same financial status as we are. Is this wrong? If so why is it wrong?

• It's wrong
  • Your reasob make sense
I wouldn't be marrying him for only his money. This is just something I prefer, i have been living the life since i was born.
I can make my own money. I have my own companies. Im not only marrying the guy for his money. I want someone who is in the same financial level as i am. No im not a gold digger, cause if i am i wouldn't be working my ass off to make my companies even more successful than it already is.

You all better read this before you answer some stupid answers saying i need to work to get what i want and shit.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Vote 'B'
    2. Nothing wrong with that for sure, it's your choice and forget what anyone else says about it
    3. I'd say it's a woman's right to be so and a man's duty to earn (no I'm not an MCP, I am more liberal than metrosexuals)
    4. But just ensure that you have some genuine feeling for the chap when you do go for him i. e. wealth is something that comes and goes as does looks and body. Just in case there is a rough patch don't dump him. THAT would make you a gold digger and not a true woman :)

• "a man's duty to earn"

That's cause you don't live in western society where males and females are supposed to be completely equals.

• Good luck there young lady :)

• Thank you, young lady for your kind and thoughtful gesture of selecting my opinion the MH :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It actually makes sense to me.

1. Marrying someone of the same class you probably have more in common and would have had a similar childhood. I would imagine you would more likely agree on how to raise your children.
    2. If you have a lot money yourself dating someone with a significantly lower income is more risky. He could be leeching off you. Also if you divorced he would take half of your assets. Also you may end up paying sprousal support. Just look what happened to Halle Berry.
    3. Also the partnership is more likely to be equal if you have a similar wage.

by the way I don't think you phrased the question very well. It makes it sound like you are gold digger which I doubt you are.

What Guys Said 37

• It's not wrong, no. It just says something about what you value, and at the risk of sounding judgmental, it does seem kind of hollow.

• whether its wrong or right doesn't really matter, as at the end of the day, you can marry who you want no questions asked. By asking this though, you're looking for our seal of approval. I mean personally, i take some issue with people who ask for things out of people that they do not have themselves. Now i did read some of your comments where you say you have your own business and what not, but it sounds like it was something more or less given to you from your father. You were born into wealth, and don't seem very aware of how hard it is to actually get there. In some ways, this whole thing reminds me of how Donald Trump brags about being rich, even though the only reason he is rich is because of the work of his father creating a huge real estate empire that he inherited.

Once you inherit that kind of money, understand that its brutally easy to grow it. The hard part is creating something from nothing, and that's what both you and Donald Trump have not done. You both relied quite heavily on your fathers to get what you have today. Whether i was rich or not, i wouldn't marry a rich woman in your position who didn't at least understand that. So in your quest to find a rich guy, I'd first start by gaining some introspective intelligence and use it to start looking inwards and critically challenging what you see inside. You're accustomed to a rich lifestyle yes, but its a lifestyle that you yourself had little hand in creating. A rich guy with half a brain will understand this right away, and he won't date/marry you if he gets any wiff of any undue self-praise on your part. That's my 2 cents on the matter. At the end of the day, its your life... and you can do pretty much whatever you want to within the confines of the law. But since you're asking for our approval on the morality/legitness of the whole thing, you have my answer

• Hey.
    Looks like classism is still alive and well.
    nataliepeart.com/.../caste-system.jpg

• It's not right or wrong. But ask yourself: does wealth matter more than love to me? If so, don't expect a loyal husband.

If I were you, I would not hold anyone to a higher standard than myself. That is to say, I would at least be willing to give non-wealthy guys a chance.

• It is wrong if you think you will be happy or have no worries with a rich man.
    And I have seen many people who became rich after marrying a girl who everyone thought was bad choice. If you want to get rich never be glamourous. Lead a simple life. Never indulge in too much partying and try to be helpful and supportive of your husband. And be patient and endure hardship.

• Im already rich. Read the details and updates

• Oh noo hopefully not. Its okay I've gotten used to it, look at most of the answers here calling me a gold digger

• Definitely not a gold digger. The real gold digger are pornstars, prostitutes and poor girls who dream of marrying a prince of persia.
      You are not a Gold digger. And I believe you are a fine person.

• No your not wrong. it's biologically hay wired into women to find a man that can provide for his family.

• Well, you can become rich yourself, why do you need him to be rich? I feel like you just want him to make all the money while you spend it.

• I dont want to be married to someone who's in a different social status. I have my own business and i make a lot of money from it. I want my husband to be making at least the same amount. I dont loke how you're saying this like as if im a gold digger. Why do i want to be a gold digger when im already rich?

• But why does he have to have the same status as you? I mean, isn't it enough to have someone you love that loves you back? You're already rich, so why do you need him to be rich too? A status doesn't really define who you are as a person, it only defines who you are in society, and that's just superficial.

• Ugh its hard to explain it. You'll get in one day

• Make your own life instead of trying to find some rich Dude. If your family us so rich why dont you work along side of them family takes care of family after all. Nothing like your own blood

• I want to be with someone who i know can give my children the lifestyle i have right now. I can do that myself trust me but jeez i can't see myself marrying someone whos from a different social status, no one in my family has ever done that

• Says the G@G bully

• lol Huh how am I a GAG Bully?

• I understand your perceived need for a rich guy.
    However, perfection out of the box is difficult to obtain.
    Consider this. There are 10 times more middle class guys than there are upper class guys. If you have the money you say that you have, then you could find a guy of lower standing, and when you get with him, then just bring him into the family.
    There is enough to go around, one more won't hurt anything. Then you can introduce him to your lifestyle. Nobody just becomes a socialite by birth, they are molded into it, by their parents or by their spouse.
    In short, don't limit your search for love by social standing alone.

• I guess there's nothing wrong with hoping for a wealthy guy but actively filtering out people who are not wealthy is extremely shallow in my perspective and it isn't really something I would expect to work well for you. If you filter out guys for one trait especially one that is not common then you will not have a large selection to choose from and you lose the ability to be really selective when it comes to other things. I don't think you would have a very good dating life if you only date rich men.

• I have dated men who are not rich. Do you know what happened? They used me for my money. Another reason why i dont want to date anyone who's income is lower than mine

• Its easier but not the best choice

• That is your opinion. A few people in my family are in the upper middle class / lower upper class and they don't seem to be above dating lower class people. It usually works out fine if you use good judgment.

• No, it's not wrong, but I hope along with money, richness you are not ignoring the morals, values, and the personality the person has that's also important, so pay attention to that as well, don't go for him only because he is rich.

• Technically there is nothing wrong with it whatsoeva.

• While it makes sense, you clearly aren't as wealthy as you think if you need them to actually be rich as well. :P

Of course, I think I am probably just envious of other people's luck - being rich without themselves having to do anything for it.

• In my country the husbands money if the family's money and the wifes money goes straight to her bank. Do i want my kids to be living a middle class life? Where they dont live in a decent house, have to take the bus, not having maids to help them? No. I want my kids to be having what im having.

• I can't even imagine that alternative, having maids and stuff.

I guess you're probably right.

• Yea it's okay but I'm going to feel bad for the guy though for not knowing what's going to happen to him

• I have a restaurant and soon to be continuing my dads property business. Im not a gold digger but i just dont want to marry someone who is not in the same social status as my family

• First, it's your parents companies... they built it from the ground up... your just born into it.. big difference

Second, you should marry anyone you fall in love with... not only go for men that have money... but I can understand why you want that someone financially on your level... sometimes we just want a person who's cut from the same cloth

• You can marry for whatever reason you want. Some will say it's wrong, but who are we to tell you whats right or wrong on the subject matter.

I will however tell you a lot of people will think you're a spoilt gold digging bitch though.

• I have a job. My dad built me a restaurant and i now take care of it. My restaurant is always full.

• I've been taught how to do business since i was still very little. So im sure i know what im doing

• That's good, I hope you the best in your search for a man who meets your standards.

• You say you are not only marrying the guy for his money, but then say you only want to marry a rich man?

• No because i want to marry someone who is from the same social status as i am.

• LOL Well, I wish you the best.

• You need to follow your dreams

• Rich guys want an extremely beautiful girl you would have to be one in order to marry a wealthy man

• hey its your life do what you want

• And if you dont find a rich person you really love?

• Everyone has standard who can blame you. But what happens if you fall for a guy who isn't rich?

• Is her a hard worker? If he is then he could work for my dad so he can get a decent salary

• You sure don't type like someone that runs a successful company -_-

• My dad does, he's still training me how to write and talk to important people. Im still 20 by the way haha

• you are not the only one, lot of girls do that

• Don't sweat it. If you only hang out with rich people then chances are VERY good that all of your friend will also be rich and your friends of friends will be too. And that means that chances are your husband will be wealthy as well.

• You can do whatever the fuck you wanna do! -hodgetwins. Some people date only a specific height, race, body type. If you wanna date someone with a specific lifestyle and money, then do it.

• Nothing unusual about a woman always wanting to date somebody with more money than her. I expect no less from women.

• Doesn't need to be more at least the same as me

• You're not a gold digger but it does make you kind of shallow, you probably feel like if you marry someone who is not rich, then your rich friends might laugh at you, that's making it seem like you care about you're reputation than love.

I'm sure you know it deep down too, cause after all you did choose to answer this Anonymous

I would never be with a woman who has the kind of attitude of not wanting to be seen with me in public, cause she thinks I'm not cool enough, that's her thinking she's more of a human being than I am. If a guy is a hard worker, who doesn't believe in being lazy, that is what make's him the richest man in the world.

• I thought Titanic was supposed to teach us something...

• It's sexist. Whether it's wrong is debatable.

Your 'reason' is not actually true. You have enough money yourself to maintain your lifestyle and provide it for your children.

You however view it as a man's responsibility to earn, so even though you could be the one providing household money, the idea disgusts you and you couldn't respect a man who required it of you. It's nothing to do with need or lifestyle though, and entirely about what you respect in a man.

I hope you're attractive. Your views are not uncommon among women. Men tend to be much less concerned. So you want a wealthy husband, but your own wealth is less helpful in getting one than vice versa. You are going to be competing for a small group of wealthy men's attention with a large group of not quite as well off but attractive women. The advantage your money does provide is more social opportunities to meet and connect with these men.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 13

• If you would like to leech off of a rich man's success while you sit on your azz and fail to accumulate your own financial bearing, then yes I think that is wrong. Considering that you are used to a certain lifestyle, I can see why you would want to build your adult life around someone who can continue that lifestyle. Nonetheless if you are going to reject hard working men while you don't work hard at all and simply enjoy the fruitfulness of another man's hard work then that is wrong.

• Oh I wouldn't do that. I have a restaurant, soon I'll be continuing my dads property business. If i fall in love with someone who isn't rich at least he'll be a hard worker then he could work in one of my dads company

• @Asker See now that's a different situation entirely. That's you simply having financial standards when it comes to the man you choose to build your life as. If you do not uphold those standards then it's not unrealistic for a less financially established man to unintentionally end up leeching off of you... :/

• Coming from someone who was homeless at one point and has a $25,000 household income, yes it is wrong for only wanting to marry a rich man. I think everyone should make their own income and support themselves regardless of whether or not they were born into money. Any income that comes my way i work my ass off for. My mom can't pay for college. My car died four times on the way to school today. I can't do any educational opportunities that cost money. Im not saying that everyone should suffer like that im just saying, is money really worth overlooking someone who could be a good spouse? wouldn't it be better to do without some than to be miserable? I have seen my mom (who does not get child support from my 6 figure father) work to the bone, pouring her blood, sweat, and tears just to get a few bucks. I have so much respect for her and she is such an amazing women. I plan on working just as hard as her and I can't imagine someone depending on a spouse for income. The idea is just crazy to me. Im sorry if i sound insulting because i know i do, but comments like yours is the reason women get a rep of being money sucking leaches. If you want to maintain your lifestyle you need to do it the respectful and hardworking way of doing it on your own. It is the 21st century, women should work for themselves.

• I have my own restaurant and soon to be continuing my dads property business. Im not that type of woman who can just sit around wasting my husbands money. Thats just a gold digger

• Im sorry if i lit into you, if you have your own business that's great. I just don't like to see people not work for themselves and take advantage of others.

• Trust me i hate seeing people like that too.

• look i mean it really really narrows down ur options and it also isn't fair on anyone who may like u... like what if u think he's amazing? imagine letting go a gem like him just because he isn't earning as much as u hoped.

the only reason i understand ur mindset is because unfortunately it seems as though it's been drummed into you and that's a shame.

• If he's a hard worker i dont mind but if he's unwilling to make more than he already has then i would say no

• but why would he want to make more than what he has if he loves what he's doing? i just think that's unfair.

• It's wrong. Why not just make your own money instead of leeching off of people?

• You better read the description and all my comments on the answers

• Maybe cause you dont live the way i live lols

• Why did you even ask this question if all you're going to do is act all high and mighty just because you don't take the bus and has everyone else do stuff for you? -__-

• Well not really. As a female we want protection and a care taker for the family. And in your case you already have a very high standart. I think though that its not necessary for his family to be rich, but more like that he has a promising future (doctor, lawyer ect).

• I was talking about his family. He at least has to come from a family like mine and him having a promising future is definitely a must.

• Well look at kate middleton and prince william 😂 she is far from being a royal herself. My husbands family also has a lot of mor cash than mine does. But i dont know I guess its different when you are the rich female. I doubt you get in touch with anyone below your financial level anyway, since you're hanging around same folks.

• This says to me, you dont know how to make your own money. You have no creativity or sense of independence. You rely completely on your parents.

• As i have told everyone who answered this question i have my own companies, i make more than 300k a month fyi

• Born with a silver spoon, it's natural you wouldn't want to change the gossip girl lifestyle.

• It's wrong if the only reason you're marrying him is because he's rich and he isn't aware that you only want him for his money.

• It's not only for his money. I'd have to love him but i prefer his family to be the same as mine

• Alright, that should be fine then. I don't see anything wrong with that.

• intent:#Intent;S. K_1171477665=A6BBA7E393E7EFE548F3A2E2A0DB8DBDDC39793A9184B540305524B11544AF8E;end

Just saying.

• No its not. Happens everyday whether she's rich or not.

• i think its fine as long as that's not the ONLY reason you marry him.

• No of course not. I cannot marry someone i dont love

• had to pick it's wrong because of that typo...

• My parents want the same.

I don't know if it's wrong or not.

But I do believe that you should always look at character first rather than his wealth.

If you know for sure you can't adapt to different lifestyle, than go with what works for you.