What do people think of same sex marrige?

I personally think that its fine, because its the couples problem not everyone else's problem. If you love someone you should be able to marry them and it not be "wrong", what if being strait was looked Down at and its said to be a "sin" and "wrong" because its not "normal" or "natural" its perfectly natural! And no its not a phase and its not something you can "pray away" you are born with it and that's who you are! And if your not gay/lesbian its not your problem to worry about is it? No. I'm a bisexual girl and this is MY personal opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally fine by me, love is love.

Did anyone catch this chick, Kim Davis? Holy fuck, this was laugh out loud funny.
    Playing Eye Of The Tiger, that crazy look in her eyes, her husband behind her dressed like a 1930s sharecropper... it's all deadly.😂😂😂
    http://youtu.be/vMO2KkI1OBY
    While I respect her entitlement to her own personal religious views, if you work in a government position, you have to abide by what the law says. If you're not comfortable giving same sex marriage certificates, that's you're right, but the onus is on you to find another job. You're not entitled to the job, if the rules change and you're not willing to perform the job anymore, then you quit. What scares me is that these people are closer to what the "Average American" is than I am. Like the part when she first gets up on stage and they hold her arms up in the air, that look she gets... positively frightening. There goes a chick who thinks she's some kind of hero and has punched her ticket to heaven by being an asshole. I count my stars that I was born in New England...

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no issue with gay people marrying but I do have a issue with religious people who want to marry. I don't think religious people can blatantly ignore their own bible when it says quite clearly it's wrong. But like I said religion aside I have no problem. My best guy friend is gay and I look forward to someday going to his wedding.

What Guys Said 6

• It can be argued that marriage is between male and female, not from a moral point (there is nothing (a) moral with marriage) but rather based upon the reason that marriage existes. Basicly it had a lot to do with a man providing for a woman (due to pregnancy and child rearing) and in exchange the woman gave the man exclusive reproductive rights. So in this sense marriage would be between a man and a woman. However since marriage is currently more symbolic and has legal ramifications (spousal rights when visiting sick spouses or distributiion of goods after death, insurance etc) it is a reasonable argument that same sex marriage is required in ordrer to create equal opportunity in the society and legal system. So I would and am for it.

• I think of it this way: Do you think marriage is fine? Yes or no. If the answer is no, then whatever. If the answer is yes, are you marrying someone of the same sex. If the answer is no, then why the fuck do you think you have the right to but two people who love each other and can't control their sexuality can't? Who made you God? If the answer is yes, have a nice wedding. Simple.

I'm not marrying a man, but I sure as hell don't think I should just have the right to marry and tell two men or women they can't. It's not my right to tell them how to live their lives. If they wanna marry, let them. It's not anyone elses business but theirs, their families, and those they invited.

• I don't think it's wrong and I think if people are gay it's not a big deal, it's how they are. But for me "marriage" is between a man and a woman, two people of the same sex can't actually be "married".

• I know that more people support it than oppose it now. Personally, I support the right to marry people of the same sex. It would be really weird if I opposed the right to same sex marriage seeing as how I'm gay myself.

• It's fine, but I don't think it should be forced to be ok if the religion says its a sin or the officiater is against it.

• More ways to manipulate the system for good or for worse.

What Girls Said 2

• If your country is not run by religious/sharia law then calling same sex marriage a sin is not a valid reason for it to be illegal.

I firmly believe that we are all equal, and that everyone should be treated the same. Gay marriage is an acknowledgement of equality. Two people should be able to formalise their relationship, regardless of whether they are both men, both women, or one of each.

• I think it's fine as well.