Is it okay for a girl to ask a guy to marry them?

Is it okay for a girl to ask a guy to marry them? GUYS ONLY PLEASE!

Most Helpful Guy

• I am really in between when it comes to taking the initiative, but for marriage I would say NO.

What Guys Said 4

• It's MORE than OK. It's a great demonstration that the girl makes her own decisions, takes care of herself, and goes after what she wants -- but ONLY if marriage is something that you've already both discussed as being at least a possibility. Otherwise, it's probably a bad idea.

• I don't think that it is wrong for the girl to ASK the guy to marry them. But it depends on the situation. It depends on the guy, on how long they've been together, etc. I would think it would be smarter if she can bring up the subject of marriage, and they talked about it, and she could kind of push towards that direction. But as far as just coming out and springing it on him like that, I would say that's probably not the best idea. There's nothing wrong with trying and heading it into that direction. But if it's not there, and she's just asking, that isn't good.

• She shouldn't ask the question. But she can use body language and choice of words to give the guy a nudge to hurry up and ask.

• I don't see why not, I guess it would depend on how long I was with her and if we felt the same about each other.

What Girls Said 1