I'm Buying An Engagement Ring Today, I Need A Little Help, Quick?

There hasn't been a lot of time to plan. I'm pretty much set on buying the center diamond on a simple band. I'm almost certain; I'll never be able to find a suitable band. Plus, the band will be replaced when the wedding rings are picked anyway. Would the engagement band (just the band not diamond) really be a big deal?

Her fingers are long and thin (something I find very attractive.) If the band were too thin, that might not look right. This is my mom's jeweler; he'll try and sell me the most expensive band in the store. Glad I have experience with diamonds.

Most Helpful Girl

• Umm... I don't think so. Like.. I'd like my engagement ring to have a fair diamond and just any band. But that's just me.

• That's what I'm thinking. I'm just buying the center diamond and a basic (but sturdy) band. The band will be replaced anyway; it'd pretty much be just a waste of money. She not a real sentimental type; so, I don't think she'd keep the band around as a keepsake.

• When I looked up, I saw an ad on the web page. This looks like the ring, but the diamond is oval not round.

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/imgad?id=CL2Ft-eptNj1zQEQrAIY7wEyCKrfIBmarrFi

• That's a beautiful ring! Haha, it will be strange, but it won't be the strangest.:) That's so sweet.:] I have a boyfriend, but I wish someone did that for me, lol.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't really have any advice cause I don't know anything about bands. But I just wanted to say congrats!

• And congrats! :) lol

What Guys Said 1

• link

Can't be too foresighted.

• Thats harsh!

• LMAO! You'd have to know the circumstances; very unlikly she walks away. The ring would be a very small issue. Plus, she is way more successful than me. I'm on the poor side of the prenuptial. She should be buying me a ring!