When would you tell your family you're engaged?

So, me and my boyfriend just got engaged, and we were wondering on when would be a good time to tell our families we're engaged?

He wants to wait to tell my family, and his. He wants to wait until he has a full fledge job , and a ring, , to say anything to anyone who isn't a friend.

We both want members of our families in our wedding party. ( my sister as the flower girl, and our brothers as groomsmen)

When should we tell them? How long should we wait?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should wait until he gets a job and a ring. What matters the most is that you two know it.

• That's what were aiming for. I really do want my folks to know. We're gonna get the ring, then tell the families

• thank you so much for MHO :D oh by the way forgot to say, congratulations on the engagement :)

What Guys Said 4

• I would wait until I had those things before I even proposed to my girlfriend.

And I would tell them either that same day or the day after.

• Wait tell there a ring

• within the week I think, just so they don't feel like I am keeping my life a secret from them

• Although when I was actually engaged, all those bitter years ago, I never told anyone. I still don't tell anyone, and I will continue not to tell anyone. I got her a ring and all but it didn't work out.

• We've told some close friends, but not family yet, not until we're. A little more financially stable. And we haven't been dating long either

• Actually I want them to see me when I get engaged or married. No secrets.

What Girls Said 3

• Right away

• After you both get your financial lives together

• wait until there's a ring on your finger.

• We got a "placeholder" ring for now. The actual ring is being bought once this years income tax checks come in

• I understand I'd still wait