Would you be okay with your wife/husband to be being very far from your ideal [personality and physique wise]?

As in 70% is different from your ideal.
Mistake in my Q! (to be - redundant)

Would you be okay with your wife/husband being very far from your ideal [personality and physique wise]?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a big stickler on looks, at least in terms of having a specific type. I can be attracted to quite a few types of look.

Personality is different, though. I want someone who is genuine, caring, down to earth, and smart; those aren't things I'll bend on.

What Guys Said 7

• I would not.

If there's one thing I won't do, it's slowing down, I cannot settle
    for any less, than in what my eyes, are perfection.

It's another case, if she happens to get in an accident of some sort
    because her situation has then been forced on her.

To simplify it.. what I look for in a partner, is someone
    who can keep up with me, and enjoy what I enjoy.

As a sidenote, my "perfection"
    does not equal flawlessness.

• I may not be fine with it, but I can condition my mind to gradually appreciate her for who she is.

• As long as she was a nice genuine person then physically yes but personality wise it could be different from what I'd normally go for but would still need to be fun and outgoing, not boring.

• I think I would. I tend to think what I believe to be an ideal wife will or could be far from the person I'll end up with. So if that is the case then I'm sure I'm in love with that person.

• No, because I wouldn't be with them in the first place.

• Yeah as long as we can communicate with eachother.

• she wouldn't be my wife in this case

What Girls Said 2

• I don't have an "ideal personality. " there's an infinite number of personalities I could be attracted to. If I consider all the guys I've had an interest in (not many honestly) they all are very different personality wise.
    But I still need certain traits: compatible humor, sincerity, empathy, to name a few.
    If a guy can't make me laugh and appreciate my humor, isn't sincere, has no compassion, etc, I'm not into him.

Physically my ideal would be between 5'8"-6'2", fit but not ripped, I don't mind a tiny bit of pudge, I prefer darker features (skin, eyes, hair, etc.) The only two guys I have ever had feelings for kinda shaped these preferences I think but I'm sure I could like a guy who doesn't fit that extremely vague description.

• i want my husband to be: easy to talk to, cosplays with me at comic-con, treats me and my family right, and at least a seven on my scale.
    his opposite sounds like: boring to talk to, won't cosplay with me, does not treat me right and psychically unappealing.
    so, no i will pass