What does love mean to you?

Define love.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion people rarely- never fall in love with someone who has nothing to offer them. You're not going to fall in love with an ugly boring stupid person. You might say you love a persons humor or intelligence but what it really means is you want someone who makes YOU laugh or offers YOU intellectual stimulation and growth. They offer you entertainment, validation for your existence physical intimacy. They offer you things you might be lacking in your life at the moment and this increases your level of happiness from what it was before you met them. So maybe you were at a 5 or 6 (content) but now that youve met them you are at a 7 or 8 when you are around them. Now in order to maintain this new-found level of happiness you must in turn make them happy in order to keep them around. So to me love is when you meet someone who offers you the things you are lacking/looking for which makes you happier and this new happiness becomes linked to their happiness.

So I guess love=when you reach a new-found level of happiness which is synchronized/linked to that other persons happiness.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love is just a word until someone comes along and puts meaning to it. Love, you gotta fight for it, respect it, trust it. Love is all the little things, the smiles, the laughs, the feels, the looks, but most importantly the person giving you all these things.

• "Love is just a word until someone comes along and puts meaning to it." Thats a great quote. Who is it by?

• @PANDAmonium That's very true. Except mine are yet unknown to the world. Mine go really deep, and are really powerful... Because I do love someone older than me. I believe he likes/loves me back. But won't show it. Because he's older by 3 years and 6 months and 3 days... But Yeahhh... It's complicated and not many understand. But mine they express something powerful. Because he was "my saving grace." Not kidding. He stopped me from killing myself.

• Nice

What Guys Said 3

• Love is the embodiment of trust, appreciation, equality, communication, dedication, understanding, effort, initiation, happiness, sadness, laughter, intimacy, arguing, connection, awesomesauce, and BONING :D

• I define love as a state of being. The pillars of this state would be stillness, clarity and freedom.

• An indescribable feeling of happiness and content, that is endangered and going extinct

What Girls Said 1