He wants to get me an engagement watch instead of a ring?

He just admitted that he wants to get me a watch instead of a ring. Which is cool he wants to marry me and we've been talking about this for months, because I've been sending him ring after ring after ring. I like rings, I'd like an engagement ring. The watch that he wants to get me is basically an oversized man watch that I can't wear during work which is monday-friday 6am-5pm. I liked one watch from there that I don't even remember what it looked like, so why is he almost a year later trying to buy this bulky unless thing for me when I send him rings all of the time? Like I feel ungrateful, but I can't wear it! I won't be within regulations and I don't even like watches. I have a phone that tells time, but I like jewelry. What is he thinking? It's not like the rings I choose are expensive. They are typically between $90-$500...

The watch.
http://invictawatch.com/collections/view-model/16252-subaqua

The ring.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/242277152/vintage-14k-yellow-gold-diamond-and-opal?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=flower%20diamond%20ring&ref=sr_gallery_16

Most Helpful Guy

• He's a non traditional thinker and he thinks he's going to be unique and buck the trend... or he thinks you are always late to things and wants you to be on time in the future.

One thing as a guy he's gotta be aware of is the ring is about you not him. He will never live this down. Do him a favor and beat him on the head with a pot until he gives in... he'll thank you for it later.

Most Helpful Girl

• Engagement watch? Uh, no. It's an engagement ring. That watch is lame (no offense) if it was going to be an engagement watch the least it could be is shiny like a ring would be.

• I'm kind of at my wits end with him and am thinking about just doing my own thing while he figures out why I don't want the watch... He knows that I work with energized circuits all day. I'm pushing with the ring that I'll have to take off throughout the day -.-

• My boyfriend and I went to a store and I picked out the ring I wanted. So he's aware of my tastes. Perhaps you could do the same?

What Guys Said 2

• I have to tell you, I can't imagine what is going through his mind. I mean, I think that we shouldn't be slaves to tradition, and part of me says, "Hey, well that's new!" But, you clearly want a ring. He should be taking that into account.

• Am I wrong for wanting a ring? I'd like to actually be like other girls when they are engaged. I thought I was lowering myself because of the price and I wasn't choosing diamonds, but this was a bit upsetting. Like he just ignored my personality and everything that I've showed/ told him about.

• I have to agree with you. He should be taking your needs into account. That he isn't is pretty weird really. Does he ignore your feelings in other ways as well? If he does, then your relationship is on shaky ground to begin with.

• Big mistake... he needs to get you a ring, not the watch. I don't think your man quite understands how this whole marriage thing works...

What Girls Said 4

• I think the ring and watch were bad types for marriage. Is he going to have a ring for the wedding? as a surprise? A wedding ring (not an engagement) should be more classic in shape.

• The watch is very ugly. Why doesn't he consider ur preference? Are u sure u gonna marry this guy that doesn't even care what u want? Well i will think twice the marriage if i wre u

• ooohh wow lovely ring choice! but yeah just talk to him and tell him what you think :)

• Maybe you should talk to him, communication is key

• I have... I tell him all of the time. I can't figure out what his problem is.

• Well considering you're the one whose going to be wearing it, he should understand. Fyi that watch looks tacky