How to be a great wife/husband?

Its not getting married the big problem for me its STAYING married. I notice there are TONS of divorices happening in America. It made me think from a guy's perspective what would make a woman a great wife and from a girl's perspective what would make a man a great husband, and please be realistic here no "he has to have tons of money take care of me 24/7 take me to Peru when i ask" and "she has to have sex with me whenever i want or she cooks and never really talk that much" this is for a project in school (im becoming a psychologist

Most Helpful Guy

• American women are not the ideal wife that men need. American culture does not teach a woman how to be a wife. The relationship/marriage scene here is more of a friendship than the lovers/courtship type of thing.

Men on the other hand are starting to not marry. Some just won't commit earlier in their life. And the smartest men resort to marrying foreign women. I myself am married to a Russian woman and im happily married. She respect the fact that I want to hold the wheel, and does not compete with the power status (though she makes more income than Me).

there's a lot of great single men out there. Some are not considered "good" by standards. I mean who said you need to kiss-ass to be a "good man". You can be a good man and a bad husband, bad father or a bad man, good husband, good father. We all come in different shapes and sizes.

Like I said, the smart men have left the scene. These are the type of men that are ambitious and resourceful. Money is a factor but it is not only the factor. You can have a man that have all the things that a woman needs in him but if he decided to build a pool with a tea spoon (because he doesn't have wealth), then it would take him forever to build the pool.

One of the "important" questions I asked my wife before I proposed was if she will support me no matter what. Support as in support in making decisions, not advices or passive-aggressive opinions.

11 years and counting, 2 kids so far

Most Helpful Girl

• How to be a good wife: 1) Don't be such a nag. 2) Submit and suggest sex whenever it comes up. 3) Never stop taking care of yourself. Keep yourself looking and smelling good. 4) Keep your man well fed before and after work. 5) Keep the house clean and tidy. 6) Give him space once in awhile. 7) Respect him in from of his friends mainly as well as others.

How to be a good husband: 1) Make her feel beautiful and important at least twice a week. 2) Be a great bread winner. 3) Be a great listener even when you don't feel like it. 4) Bring her gifts every now and then. 5) Be very attentive to her needs and passions... mostly in bed. 6) Don't take your problems at work out on her

What Guys Said 2

• Men want a woman who will carry her weight in the relationship. If the man is expected to get a great job and fix things, then it is expected that the woman cooks, cleans, etc. It's when women begin to abuse and ignore her husband and lose her femininity is what drives men away. How many women who get divorced go to the gym afterwards? A lot go, but if they put in a little effort before they could have stayed married.

• If I was to simplify how to make a relationship, married or otherwise, last it would probably be live in harmony with one another. Do not define roles, do not define chores, do not define anything in the relationship as concrete. The trick is that everyone thinks that they want someone exactly like themselves, I've found that I like people that are very different from myself; I see the things in me that need improved and I see other people with those positive traits. The traits of your peers and lovers rub off on you, and your traits on them, so it's best to try to let the negative traits you notice in yourself just kind of slip away or to the back. I know that I'm extremely cynical, I'm extremely direct, and I'm extremely introverted; however I'm also extremely intelligent, very motivated, and take very good care of my mental health and do work to keep my thoughts on a second or third line of sorting from making it to my mouth. The girls I usually find very emotionally attractive are the kind of girls that find everything interesting and find something good in everything they see or do, have a strong opinion even if it does directly contradict my opinion, may not be motivated herself but wants to see the people she cares about succeed, all the time being very intelligent and capable of complex abstract conversation and thought. Many of these things people seem to find repulsive from the other side, I find being fake to be the single most repulsive trait that you can have; trying to be, trying to look like someone else, trying to sound like someone else, buying the image that the media is selling, following fads, trying to have the body that the famous girl on TV has... It's all shit to me, and you're the lowest sect of the proletariate if you try that shit.

But I digress, for me it's a yin and yang thing; a very fluid entity and yet not homogenized at all other than being in the same space connected by something greater than definable reasons.

What Girls Said 4

• well, there aren't a whole lot of married people on GaG, and not being married myself, i wouldn't know the secret formula.

i think it comes down to keeping lines of communication open, establishing new experiences together, not losing masculinity/femininity, and staying both sweet and naughty with each other.

• Yeah, I agree with the STAYING married problem. I often ask old couples how they stayed married for so long and still love each other. It's a beautiful thing. but it all honesty It scares me. I guess the amount of divorce rates are high either because most of them got married too early, no more sparks/interest in each other (they don't try to please or show love anymore), arguing all the damn time even about small issues and of course the last would be cheating. I agree with the "he has to have money and she has to have sex" bullshit. As long as you are there for each other. Show love and support no matter how much they messed up (maybe during work, mental illness) You will always be there for your spouse in good and bad times. No one really knows how to be a good wife/husband. all of them try to be good but it's always not enough. I guess it's always gonna be trial and error.

• We need to have the same spiritual goal in life and actually be goal oriented so that we can work together to achieve that goal!❤❤

To be more specific, he needs to remind me of God, and I would need to do the she for him💕💕

• Be mutually, physically and sexually compatible