Is it alright to wear white to a wedding?

I'm going to my cousin's wedding in a couple of months and I was wondering if it's alright to wear white to a wedding because I heard only the bride should. This is similar to what I want to wear on that day with gold/bronze heels and matching clutch. Should I steer clear of it or should I just go for it?

Most Helpful Guy

• In my culture over here it's white for marriage and black for funerals.. here it's considered normal.
    I don't know the customs at your place, but I think it's white in general for marriage

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't wear white to a wedding personally. I know it wouldn't be approved of by my family.

• My other option is a blue and white striped top with a white skirt. Would that be a bit better?

• I think so, yeah. The colour in there might balance it out. You could always ask the bride what she thinks.

• You see I'm not really close to the bride. I'm honestly going in obligation as we are family.

What Guys Said 2

• Personally I don’t care for traditional crap but it is a big deal to a lot of people. It may be a smart move to find a different dress.

• I don't really care either... But I'm worried my cousin and her fiance might...

• Choose another color besides white, end of discussion.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends! Normally no I wouldn't without the brides permission, if you don't want to contact her then definitely steer clear!

• I really liked that white dress... Guess I'll have to find another one to wear! Thanks!

• not a good idea, if the bride is going to wear white as well. you wouldn't want to upstage her, would you?

• I wouldn't, I would've been upset if someone came to my wedding in white. I feel like it was my day and so I should stand out in my white wedding dress lol.

• No noo it's disrespectful to a lot of people let her have her moment in her white dress you need to wear something else