Would you send your friend the bill, for not showing up to your wedding?

It happened in a little town in Minnesota. She sent her friend the bill, because her friend didn't show up

Most Helpful Girl

• Saw that on the news. How utterly ridiculous.

If you can't afford to pay for your guests, don't fucking set up a big-ass expensive wedding, you materialistic conceited dolt.

I can tell you right now that marriage isn't gonna last long based on that couple's moral code.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah saw that on "Inside Edition" , i could never bill someone for no show of wedding
    but out of respect least call / text/ send a note saying sorry we can't come to your question. What you think about someone inviting you to a wedding asking everyone to bring a covered dish to the reception?

What Girls Said 8

• What the actual fuck? That's almost as bad as the couples who sey up Go Fund Me accounts for their honeymoons and shit. Pay for your own goddamn wedding.

• With weddings costing between $50-$250 per head. I can understand why she would be a little upset for a no show. But seriously, did she like take a roll call? Most people are too busy, or having too much fun to care about a couple of no shows. Weddings are about the couples declaration of eternal love for one another. ( why sweat the small stuff!)

• ouch lol, no id never do that.

• The bill for what?

• Never! That is so tacky and rude! Some people are way too petty...

• Nah I wouldn't

• That happens at every wedding. It shouldn't be that big of deal to send a bill. That's ridiculous.

• I heard about this! no!! Honestly if they are so tight for money that they need to bill the no shows they shouldn't be having a huge expensive wedding. Not to mention things happen and they couldn't get a sitter since theirs bailed last minute and kids were not aloud at the wedding so they had no choice. Plus you should always expect no shows. It's common wedding knowledge.

What Guys Said 8

• no. it sucks, i know from experience, but no i'm not sending my friends a bill for not showing up.

I'll just very passive aggressively resent them for the rest of my life... kidding of course

• That may be the crassest thing I have ever heard. A wedding is a social as well as usually religious occasion. If I change my mind about attending, that's just part of hosting such an event.

• No that is wrong. It is your wedding and you invited them- you should pay. sure it is bad to RSVP and then not show up, but things happen... I would have returned that bill with a giant 'HAHA make me Bi$#H'

their friendship is over at this point anyway

• Ya i saw that lol, so weird.

• Its so damn stupid to do that, no I wouldn't

• I wouldn't send the bill. I don't got any friends.

• Heard about that on inside edition

• Read about that.

And that's yet another reason to never get married -- common female behavior.