What's the righht amount of time of being in a relationship for you to get married to the special one?

I am only 19 years old and she is turning 20 years old soon, next month. I am not going to ask her to marry me now. I am just wondering. Because she is the one. I love her a lot. I am not into Hook ups and neither is she. I am more of the guy who dates potential wife not just date to waste time. I am long haul guy. I wouldn't mind settling in this early, and living with her, I am starting my business soon. I am pretty happy with life rn and will be perfect with her in it. . I would love To spend my life with her. I am sure she feels the same. I been dating her only for 5 months. I know it's not a long time. But we love each other a lot. So I was wondering. If we keep going out for however long. Considering how young we are. Do you think it would be crazy for me ask her to marry me on our anniversary? Or like next Valentine's Day? I was thinking on 6 months in but even I know that's crazy and most likely will scare her. But I can see that in a year would be a great time. She'll be a junior in college. I think it can work. What are your thoughts?

• Ask her 6 months in
  • Ask her one year in
  • Ask her one year couple of months in
  • I am crazy but loving
  • You are awesome.
  • Ask her on Valentine's Day?

Most Helpful Girl

• a year is a good amount of time to see if you want to spend the rest of ur life with somebody. you can really get a taste of who they are as a person and see if you can see urself with them forever. you have lots of time to talk about what you guys want and what ur goals are and all that good stuff. 6 months just doesn't seem like long enough
    but honestly, when u know u just know. it could be weeks or months or years. just gotta go with ur gut feeling :)

What Girls Said 4

• I've known my boyfriend for over 9 years. We started dating over 6 years ago (broke up for a little over two years) been together a total of over four years (3yrs-break-over 1yr) and we moved in together just over a month ago. I feel we would be ready for marriage (relationship wise) now but were not financially ready or in the right place in our lives career wise, etc. I knew him very well after less than a year and him me, but you can never know enough about someone at that point. You are still infatuated and you haven't gone through tough times yet that test your relationship, which i think is important before you get married. we wouldn't have been ready at 2yrs in or 3 years in either. we knew each other well, and loved each other a lot but that doesn't mean you're ready to get married. I can't tell you when you'll be ready to be married but i know you need to give this more time and thought, a relationship hasn't grown past the honeymoon stage at 6 months in, whether you think so or not. Just give it more time. if she is the one she will be there by your side a year from now, or two, or three...

• At LEAST wait a year.

Or more. If she's The One she'll be The One next week, next month, next year, next decade.

Don't rush anything.

• My parents dated 1 year before my dad asked. They have been together almost 25 years :)

• Wait until she at least finishes school at the very least

What Guys Said 1

• What's the hurry? You should wait at least another 5 years, though I'd recommend more. You will almost definitely regret it