Do you think being 19 is too young to get married?

People these days are in a relationship with one person and they are in love with each other...so they would like to take it to the next level...you think its dumb for a young person like myself to get married even though she/he knows what they want...and already experience the party life and just now want to settle down

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

• No I feel like who's to say you can't be in love and ready for marriage at a young age versus waiting until later on in life. If both people truly love each other and want to spend the rest of their life together, no one should be able to stop them.

What Girls Said 6

• I have a friend who just got engaged and she is 19 and I don't necessarily agree only because of the financial hardship that usually comes with being married early because no one has a stable job with decent pay yet, where are you going to live (shouldn't get married if you can't afford to move out of your mother's house), and most importantly what about missing out on life? You might not be a partier but what about traveling? When you are married you have to seek approval from your partner in certain things in life. You can't randomly decide to go to Rome and spend a month. What about wanting to blow off money on a motorcycle because you are single and you have the money to do it? What's the rush with marriage? The life expectancy for people (at least in America) is almost 80 so I think we have soo many years a head of us before we have to worry about settling down.

Though I can understand if those things aren't important to you and what's more important is the fact you found someone to love you but it's still a big sacrifice in my head. But if you have dated for someone for a long time and you feel like you know him better then anyone else and that he feels the same way for you then more power to you.

• I know a lot of couples who have got married super young and I don't understand what the rush is. Why not wait a few more years until you are both totally settled? If you love each other then why do you need that piece of paper right away?

• Im 19 my fiance is still 18 but will be 19 shortly.. were waiting a few years to actually get married though, atleas until college is done and out of the way!

Neither one of us are into the whole partying crap, were kinda like old people. But in a good young fun way, if that's possible.

i also think it has its benefits.

such as, when I'm 40 and all my kids are practically grown.. ill be able to do whatever I want.. lol and ill get to spend time with grand kids and stuff like that.

i know its lame and girly, but I think about stuff like that alot.

• Many people would say it is to young and others would say if you are truly in love then that's all that counts. I'm going to guess you are talking about a situation involving yourself, If you feel like this is the right choice then go for it. people will always have their own opinions on this due to the different generation. I say if you feel as though it is the best thing then it is the perfect age.

• No at all. am 18 and am Engaged, I rather marry young then old.

• Idk if 19 is too young to marry someone because if you love them - you just do. But I do think 19 is too hard to marry. If you move in together - you then have to worry about paying the bills and ofcourse going to college. You do not wana put your college plans away just because you get married, move in and can not pay all the bills. IF you can stay home with your fam and go to college first it would be much easier ... I know hard to wait but I did. I met my boyfriend at 17 - summer before 12th grade. We started going out that summer and now here I am at 22 in my last semested of college still with him. I waited 5 years and survived well through college with him and now after I graduate in May of this year we will get married. I am sooooo HAPPY I waited and focused my energy and time on me and on my degree at college rather than get marrier to him and try to be a wife, keep the house intact and clean, go to school full time and most likely work at night too because his job would not be able to pay for all the bills alone. So I am glad I stayed home and went to school (I went to a city college so I still saw him. Also - I am glad I waited because from 17 to 22 I matured A LOT! And I have different views and goals now that I did when I was 17 and pretty naive must I say. Sooo... people do change a lot in their 20s... and its better to wait to have a college degree first and a good job because finances is one of the problem (besides sex and communication) that most couples struggle with. So I don't know what your story is --- if you are deciding to get married now... but I would say wait. 2 of my best friends from highschool got married - one at 18 while in 12th grade and the other at 19. Both have kids and both divorced :(