Would you be willing to marry someone holding a faith different than your own without making them convert?

0|0
7|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would though the children thing will be some tough subject but I'm willing to go with it and see what comes from it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I don't think so. I want to have kids one day and I want them to have a personal relationship with Jesus just like I did growing up. Not DRILL it into their heads like some like to believe Christians do, but to teach them the Word. I can't see myself being a Christian and my husband not at least being willing to look into it. It conflicts.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I'd never force someone to convert but I also will never marry someone of a different faith, I've been with someone who was going down a path of another religion that I couldn't follow and it ended badly.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am Christian and my current girlfriend was born Jewish but is now non-denominational. I may be facing that dilemma, as I am kinda crazy about her.

1|0
    0|0
  • as long as they didn't try to make me convert

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I would, I have odd beliefs so it would be impossible to find someone who matched mine exactly. Being married or in a relationship, doesn't mean you have to share a brain, things would be really boring that way. As long as you're both respectful of each other, which you should be in the first place, then I don't understand how it would be an issue.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I will marry someone who practices the same religion as me.

1|0
    0|0
  • no. i'd rather avoid interfaith marriages altogether. too much complications, especially where kids are involved.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because there would likely be serious conflict about kids and faith.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I don't mind that as long as his world views don't clash with mine.

0|0
    0|0