Who else is turning their back on Marriage. (MGTOW)?

• Getting married is for suckers, more sex being a bachelor
  • Im a slave to what society expects
  • As a woman I think its reasonable to spend the deposit for a mortgage on one day
Just to be clear this question is about saying no to marriage and a lifestyle choice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can understand why a lot of guys are turning away from marriage when they can have countless hookups on tinder. Tinder Is too blame lol. This post is kinda funny. Two of my brothers are committed members of MGTOW and I dont blame them after the way our mother treated our father and the what the oldest's wife did to him. The youngest says why bother when he can be free and single, keep his own money and have all the sex he wants. One day I hope to get married and yes it will be the deposit of a mortgage lol. Dont give up there are great women still out there you just have to find them as I keep telling my bros. Some women behave scandalously in relationships and marriage with how much they expect from a man and how little they expect from themselves but keep the faith.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not MGTOW, but I do not want to get married. There is no benefit for me, and women will take everything I have. And what so many women want these days is just something I cannot reasonably provide as a man! Pay me 50 million dollars upfront and I will consider maybe getting married. Even then, it's a gamble.

Men are shunning the institution of marriage for a reason, and I am so glad that people are finally starting to understand why! It only took a few decades of us getting screwed over in the court system, but this is a good first step.

• Women always play nice, but end up screwing men. It's because they can't control their emotions.

"Her feelings drive woman toward every evil, just as reason impels man toward all good"

• Little bit extreme brah. Maybe dial it back. This is nit a how much do you hate ladies question.

• Sounds like MGTOW to me.

What Girls Said 19

• you're an asshole. ur poll proves that. ur option A cracked me up because ur really the one enslaving yourself and ur too blind to see it.

according to sociological studies, the discourse of "more sex is being a bachelor" is actually a dominant one associated with masculinity. therefore following a dominant discourse actually makes YOU the slave.

anyway, i will get married, and if u have a problem with that i could not care less about ur anonymous ass. that meme saying "marriage is hard" is very true, but hey, only people who can handle it will go through it. if you dont like it, dont do it, but u have no place to decide what other people do. I don't know who u think u r.

• No need to be rude. No ones telling you how to live your life. Someone choosing to live different is not an attack on your choice of lifestyle. Do you attack the gays like this too?

• look who's talking 😂😂🐮🐮

• but unless ur talking bout urself, if u like settling for 'following the herd' well u enjoy that lol.

• Man, I heard people who supported mgtow were assholes... but this just proves it.

• I mean the main thing I'm getting from this is that women marry for money? Definitely not the case for me, not the case for a lot of women, some, maybe yeah, but you'd definitely be able to work that out before you decided if you wanted to pop the question or not or if she asked, you'd be able to say no, and then again why are you still with her if she's just showing you she is with you for the money?

I definitely don't want to rely on my partner for money.. I desperately want to work and earn money, I want to work with animals if I could get a job in that field I'd be ecstatic, so I am definitely more then happy to work for my money.

I want to address the picture where it says "men are not baby makers" well no, but, that's the whole concept of our nether regions.. to reproduce.. that being said, for me, pregnancy is about creating another life, looking after it, the joys of seeing if he or she looks more like daddy or mummy etc, I don't look at a man and think "yep you MUST give me a child" if he doesn't want one, fine, it'd be hard to come to terms with at first but I'd deal with it in the end, adopt or get some more cats :P

I'm sorry you feel this way, and I hope some day you will be able to find someone who may change your opinion on this, when you find someone who truly loves you for you, not your money or "baby making" abilities you might re think :)

• Sorry I actually just thought the pictures were funny. I can't see myself getting married because I enjoy the bachelor lifestyle and dont want to be tied down to one person forever. I dont need a woman to define who I am as a man.

• Its happened a few times and ended badly for them. My problem was that I don't really believe in feminism and if I was foolish enough to get married I would want a submissive wife who stays at home and was never going to bend on this for any girl I know that makes me sexist but thats what I believe (old fashioned family values). Im actually happier being free and single as though I don't support feminism I can take advantage of what it has done for men such as consequence free sex without any responsibility or obligation to the woman.

• That's fair enough :) I'm not sure if maybe Christians still follow in that way, or some form of religion might still do (I mean no offence in saying that) I'm not 100% sure, but that's fine :) my opinion on that is I like to be able to cook for my man, make him dinner etc, but I also wouldn't mind maybe two nights of time out where he can cook, sharing the cleaning responsibilities that kinda thing, I just find that sharing makes the relationship easier, I tried it that way where I was doing all the cooking and the cleaning and it just made me feel so unappreciated, I was always tired and grumpy, when we banded together and one week was him doing dishes the other was me I just found things worked a lot easier, but if your brought up that way and know no other way then I could see how it'd work too :)

• You're acting as if marriage is some kind of moral obligation, it's not, it's simply a choice. So stop making such a huge deal out of your decision to not marry. No one is forcing you to.

• Its a question. "Who else is turning their back on marriage (MGTOW)?" People can ask questions this isn't Nazi Germany lol or is it?

• Well obviously I have to love the guy if I'm going to marry him? I won't marry someone JUST because they got me pregnant.

• Actually, it is a "moral obligation." Only recently in America have we decided that it's not. Men get shamed for "not doing their duty" by getting married and having kids and supporting a family.

Even still, he didn't frame it that way, so this looks like an overreaction on your part. There is merit to proselytizing the MGTOW philosophy. Lots of men don't know what they're risking when they get married. It's consciousness-raising :)

Also, depending on where he lives, oh yes, someone may very well be trying to force him to get married.

Finally, there's this huge hubbub coming from women in the old media shrieking, "Where have all the good men gone?" This indicates that MGTOW isn't okay for most women (or so old media would like us to believe).

• Yeah, when you'll be in your death bed we'll see if it's those prostitutes you fu**** while you were living your life as a bachelor will be by your side, or if they'll be here when you get sick... I still want to get married and care about someone.

• Wow bitter much?

• No, she isn't bitter. She is speaking truths. Marriage is about commitment to each other no matter what, in life and death.
      That's a pretty strong bond.

• So its truth to call women who sleep with me as prostitutes because they are in control of the sexuality and to curse at me because I choose to live differently than im expected.

• I agree with Explore2016. I understand why men don't wanna get married. No, I don't marry for money. I geuniely love my S. O no matter, broke or rich, I'll be there. I marry to have a great family. No money? Let's work it out together. Marriage is about responsibility and I get why men don't want all this responsibility weighing on their shoulder. I think marriage is all about teamwork.

• Stay single forever then, it's no ones loss.

• Dont be so mean.

• "Awesome"... Yeah, let's call it "awesome".

• Calm your dude it just my POV you can't force people to live by you rules.

• You need a doctor.

• Not today. Fit as a fiddle.

• There are submissive women out there with old fashioned values who would not object to your requirements (I strongly believe it). Rather than bringing MGTOW like the Feminazi, go search for those women. East and middle east is full of them. Yes you are sexist though.

• For whatever you think ;) Let just the old age arrive.

• If you're so proud of being a member of the MGTOW why don't you show us who you are? :)

• aren't you that chick that pretends to be a "model". Readers wives doesn't count lol!

• Opinions are like assholes everyones got im.

• True that.

• Truth Be Told... Times HAVE changed. That's the obvious. Statistics have proven that the divorce rate increases with each passing year. People aren't being bothered with the idea as much nowadays. Why? Because people seem content with simply "living together." With each generation, we're better able to identify what works, and what doesn't by learning from our parents and or care takers mistakes. Food For Thought: Think how many pregnancies (wanted or unwanted) there would be before the invention of "birth control." Its possible if women adhered to the "old fashioned values" more acutely, and didn't mind staying home to nuture the children and tend to kitchen duties, maintaining the household chores etc. It's just not a popular belief... Women want careers and their own money, and anymore it seems to take two incomes just to make it.

• Anyone that goes marches, supports extremists of both genders or has to label themselves are people I don't want to associate with. How about simply live your life and how you want to without labelling yourself?

• goes to...

Find someone compatible to you. If you want to only have casual sex and don't care about a relationship nor kids, fine do that. Find someone that's on your same page; don't get with someone that wants commitment.

• don't force your belief on everyone else, esp does that value commitment in a relationship or want kids

• Omg what you should be worried about is your funeral costs

• Meeeeee!!! I'm a WGTOW

• Marriage is beautiful.

• I'm not into marriage and weddings either. Marriage feelings are caused more by my personal traits, but weddings it's the societal hooplah over the that drives me crazy.

It's not really a man vs woman thing, it's a societal materialism thing. My last serious boyfriend, we disagreed about a lot of things like house designs, car models, vacations, etc - he loved lavish and ostentatious things and I am low key. Too many members of both sexes are caught up in this belief that having the best of everything and gives you meaningful value to others.

• Well, if men are going after the women that are after their money then yeah, run. It's idiotic. But, I do not plan on getting married either. I want a partner, sure, but an equal. I make decent money and do not need financial support. If I enter a relationship, I am looking for the other aspects.

• I have given up on the idea of marriage also. It's basically a trap (to me) as a woman

• I feel some hostility in this post. I can understand why some men why away from the idea of live, commitment, and marriage because simple put- women can be the most ignorant, pathetic sluts ever. However, have you taken a step back and look at this from a GOOD woman's point of view? Not every woman wants your money or to trap you with a child. And if you haven't experienced a good woman then you are hanging out with the wrong people.
    I have two children with the same man. I couldnt give two fucks less about money being spent on me. In fact, I get rather uncomfortable with it. That's why my boyfriend and I are a great match. He likes saving money and not spending it on stupid petty shit and I like completely overwhelming him with gifts. We are complete opposites. With that said, there are women out there who don't see you as a personal bank account, even if women like me are rare.
    Another thing is that divorce isn't always because of the woman. There are plenty of men out there who fuck shit up just as much as women do. And trust me, this isn't me sticking up for women because I truly cannot stand 90% of women these days. But in reality, it takes two.
    I'm neither for marriage or against it. Right now I'm just not even thinking about it. Maybe when my boyfriend and I have been together for 10+ years.

• I don't get why this was downvoted. It seemed pretty reasonable, plus you didn't discredit the asker's opinion like other people did :/

• If she had venomously attacked my pov like others she wouldn't have got downvoted I feel.

• I got down voted too like what the hell

• Well, I'm a female and I'm the one that polled the first choice of being a bachelor. I've just became kinda cynical to the whole idea of marriage. I just don't care to get married. If I was certain then maybe, but even then still, I'm not sure. I'm 33years old and I've never been legally married but I have been with the same man for the past several years and some days I'm really unhappy about the way things have turned out between us. Sometimes that thought makes me sad. And this is why I wouldn't waste my energy on a wedding. I just don't feel ready

What Guys Said 18

• This is just a desperate cry for attention.

• Just a question dont be a butthurt, its sexist and degrading to think that women need you to ride in like a white knight because you think all women are weak damsels in distress and forever in need of rescue. This ain't the fifties women can do stuff now so get with the times.

• "settling down with one woman"

• Tbh, sometimes I wish I had a white knight to save me from this hell

• Frankly, i've lost a lot of respect for MGTOW's, and this came about recently after seeing the views of a good number of MGTOW's on the syrian crisis. Now, one thing MGTOW's looooooove to bring up is this idea of the disposable male... how society views men largely as tools which can be thrown in the grinder to feed the machine. They often profess the unfairness in men being expected to fight and die, instead of having the ability to say no.

Well funny enough, they are all in agreement about this point, up until it comes to brown people they are afraid of letting into their country. When it comes to Syrian refugee's, i haven't met a single MGTOW yet who hasn't chastised the syrian men as cowards for not fighting and dying in the middle of that brutal war and instead choosing to seek refuge in safer nations with their women until things simmered down. Wait, what happened to men having the right to not be disposable pawns? Ohhhh that's right... i forgot... MGTOW is a tool used largely by men who struggle with women and can't land the girls they want... so instead of tackling the problem, they choose to convince themselves that women are inherently evil, because its easier to believe the lie than it is to believe the truth about your own shortcomings.

In my eyes, MGTOW has become a movement to service peoples need to avoid facing problems in their lives. Their hypocritical nature on certain issues shows that its all about tailoring MGTOW in a way that benefits the individual most, not the male collective as a whole. Say what you want about feminism, but at least one thing they know how to do well is support women everywhere... not just the women living next door to them that they know and like. I've just come to have a diminished respect for the movement as a whole. Every MGTOW i come across talks more about women and their disdain for them than they do about helping and uplifting other men. Why is this? Even this question does it. For a group so focused on going their own way, you guys take a surprising number of pit stops on a woman's ass before "going your own way."

Like seriously... if i were to go my own way, you wouldn't hear from me again. But with these guys, the moment they declare their MGTOW status, instead of going their own way, they instead take the route which leads directly to your house, park their car in your driveway and stay there until you acknowledge their existence. This movement is in a sad state of affairs.

• 9|1
  • Although I'm not a MGTOW myself, I have educated myself on them and their ideals and I fully support the guys. Dunno if I'm ever going to put the label on me since I've yet to have any bad experiance with women... or any experience for that matter -_-.

• I don't even want to get married, but I will say this. if I ever do get married Imma make sure that the only way that my wife is leaving me is in a BODY BAG. Since I don't play that "IMMA LEAVE YOU WHEN I SEE FIT" bullshit. Nuh uh, we made a life long commitment so Imma hold her to it via OFFing her ass without a fuck given. If she even thinks about uttering the word "divorce".

Since like people always say, well #vow on their wedding day "till death does us part", right? So Imma make sure that 1 death (hers) does just that to our marriage if I have something to say about it.

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• Ya know unlike most of these soft ass men out here who'll let their wives walk away with 50% of their life's earning + some more. I mean what's the point of being alive if you're basically broke? All while she got everything she never earned via some good ole "blood, sweat and tears?".

• @loved2blovedbyu Yeah I'm missing about 2 screws in this head of mine LOL but hey at least I won't be a hobo sleeping in central park after some broad took me for 50-99.9% of my crap #FuckThat

• ... In the best way possible! Haha... That's a lie, 😕just don't wanna argue is all. Usually I'm up for a good debate, but I'm down a bit, all week actually... not gonna talk bout it, js

• Nigga please I get more ass just being single than I ever did being married. I've done all that and never again.

• Your bitterness is obvious despite the humor.

• Nope sorry lol

• I second that

• ... I would also like to include, in theory, majority of case studies have shown that there's usually an underlying issue of pain present; in some cases, accompanied by a denial process; thus resulting in a bitterness (Examples: May be suffering from a past hurt, or loss of a parent through divorce)... These are only examples of why one may refrain from marriage or the idea of a partnership. Sometimes the bitterness is hidden or camouflaged through humor. These are theories based on psychological evaluation; but honestly, in your defense... one can only speculate, and there's not enough proof

• I'm ok with cohabitation, but I'm never getting married. I don't see the point :/

• Ever heard of commonlaw marriage? If you co-habitate, the state considers you legally married.

• @Fugue
      Well what if she wasn't a housewife?

• I'm not a lawyer. I do know the courts generally lean in favor of women, in matters like these.

• That's WAAAYYYY too many graphics to prove your point lol

• What kind of stupid laws does America have that makes men lose everything? Where I live neither men nor women lose what they have when a divorce happens, it's a simple thing that doens't discourage anyone to get married.

• if it happens it happens, if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. im chillin either way.

• Thats always been your prob Bert just like at college to much chilling and weed.

• hahaa well no complaints here so far :P

• Well, this is a good post!

• Low testosterone MGTOW should just go away. Can we make a third gender? then you can stop giving us a bad name

• I'm exposing my front to marriage.

... figuratively speaking, of course.

• Just sounds wrong lol

• I'm answering to come back to this later

• You say this like people give a damn whether you get married or not. You act like women will throw themselves at your feet if you do this. They won't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcHNnI2mh4 it's like when people try to make a big deal about deactivating their accounts. They act like everyones going to be talking about it when in reality no one gives a damn.

• If a guy doesn't want to get married and is truly happy that way, more power to him! Me and my girlfriend don't want to get married either, we're happy with the way things are.

However, not a single MGTOW guy that I know has ever actually gone his own way. They all say they don't need women but women are all they talk about. They seem to be obsessed with them. They are not out there enjoying their lives, they get together on the internet to whine about how horrible these women they don't need are. They're like little kids screaming "I don't need you, I don't want you" to a person that abandoned them. If they went their own way, they wouldn't be concerned with women, they'd be occupied with their own lives. It's sad really 'cause these guys seem to be really hurt and rejected and they get stuck in the pain and blame women for everything that doesn't work in their life, instead of actually dealing with their pain.

• What you seem to be missing is that so many men are "in transition" from painful relationship losses, and they turn to MGTOW. They are bitter in the way that newbies normally are.

• +1 to anonymous

• Without marriage I won't have sex so MGTOW yourself

• Your loss...

• Is the sex wirth it? And if the bitch ends up witholding sex from you anyway?