How often should married couples have sex?

Me and my wife just got married yesterday. She's 6 months pregnant with our son. We didn't have sex last night because we were too tired after the wedding. How often should we have sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• However often works for the two of you. My boyfriend and I do it 2-3 times a week because that's what we like. My friend and her husband do it 3-4 times a month because that's what works for them (the husband wouldn't mind doing it more, but he understands that his wife has a low sex drive and that sex is usually painful for her).

It's however often you and your wife like to do it. If you have the lower sex drive, you can make an attempt to please your wife when you aren't particularly in the mood. Or if you have the higher sex drive, don't pressure her into doing it when she really doesn't feel up to it. It's all about compromise. :) I wouldn't expect her to be in the mood very often late in her pregnancy, and intercourse isn't recommended for about 6 weeks after birth usually (hopefully she'll still make an effort to please you, but parenthood is exhausting so maybe not).

But you'll figure it out as you adjust to married life and having a baby. Congrats on your son!

What Girls Said 6

• Me and my guy will go Apeshit when we marry! l because we'd had waitied so lkng!! I want him to bust it open, but I don't want a loose cooch, so I guess we can't do it too often... But I do want it at least 3 days a week.. And those 3 days shouldn't be in a row... But they should each consists of Sex in the Morning, Freakin in the Afternoon, and Makin Love at Midnight... hehehe

• If she's pregnant then probably not a lot. And since you're starting off your marriage with her very pregnant and then with a baby in your life you probably won't be having a lot of sex

• You're a grown man, you've been having sex before with her (at least six months) Why go to GaG for help?

Not trying to be rude, but?

• How often should married couples have sex?
    As often as *both* mutually desire it.

• As often as they please.

• This question is just an excuse to brag
    You already know the answer to your question

What Guys Said 0