Do you think the proposal says anything about how the marriage will turn out?

have any of you ever gotten married, without a "get down on one knee" proposal or any kind of proposal at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily. Some times most men get ideas from other people on how to propose. So they do that just to get her to say yes and then they may not be so creative for future events. (Sorry Ladies)

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents had me before they got married. When I was 7 we were all living together and they were doing well but my mom knew my dad wouldn't think about marriage first. It wouldn't enter his mind unless someone else brought it up (he's socially awkward) so she proposed to him in a fast food place while they were ice fishing. No, she didn't get down on one knee but it's working well!

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think the proposal would have anything to do with how the marriage turns out. I certainly would never get down on one knee but maybe that's just me.

• No, none whatsoever.

Or at least it shouldn't. But women will compare/compete about who proposed better then make a marriage-destroying issue of it. Dumb broads.

• i agree... i think its just like a grand gesture. but i dont think its that necessary. just a good story for when ur older. haha

What Girls Said 2

• I know a professional youth worker who commissioned 100+ of the youth in his city to create a music video for him that he would use to propose to his girlfriend with. They were divorced after 1.5 years of marriage. However if a guy puts no effort at all into it - that could possibly be a red flag.

• No, it doesn't foreshadow anything.

There have been a lot of love marriage and arranged marriages in my family.

The arranged marriages obviously did not have the guy on his knees.

Their marriage turned good.