If babies make problems worse, then why do people who are in rocky relationships think a baby will fix things?

Does it ever fix things?

If if a couple have grown apart a bit... Cos they got together at 21 and are now 30... Do they have a baby to relieve the boredom and stagnancy?

i know a couple just like this... Together for 8 years, living together for 3 years... But They look miserable together but now she is pregnant... What's gonna happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• it can either fix things or it can drive them farther apart

Most Helpful Girl

• They're desperate.
    They believe a baby is going to unite them, to make them belong to each other, that it will dissuade the other from leaving them. But you're right, it only makes problems worse. I know a couple who did it, they divorced when their child was still a baby so...

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know it sounds illogical to me.

• because they're retards who shouldn't reproduce

• Babies drive couples apart and hurt relationships, but increase the stakes and damage from leaving.

What Girls Said 2

• No don't bring a baby into a messed up relationship. It will keep you tied to an unhappy relationship and give the child an unhappy life.

• because even if they split, the guy will always be the father. if he doesn't pay child support, he could go to jail so... not that the support comes to all that much money, but I don't think the women think of that until later.