Are you scared of getting married?

I would say yes i am really scared of the idea of getting married. I want a relationship but i can't picture myself as a mother or house wife or even take responsibility for that! because i'm not that type of woman. I mean i want a relationship not marriage or even kids. I still love to be free in my life and do whatever i want like this. What about you?

• Yes it's really scary
  • No i'm ready for it
  • I don't really care

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• Yeah. That's scary, especially in my country (India). Dating is looked down upon like a taboo (illegal as well), so, there is no chance a guy and a girl live together before marriage, leave alone sex. So, you have to marry with your fingers crossed that your future partner would not turn out to be an asshole. If she turns out to be evil, she can even file a false dowry case (without any evidence) and screw up the guy's life by putting him and his entire family in prison for 5 years (according to the unfair marriage laws like IPC 498 A). And yeah, that's why I'm single.

• You're 20 ... and evolution will be winding up your biological clock very soon.

Marriage really is the BEST STATE of living, in my opinion. Two people making their way through life as one - and they've been brave enough to put it in writing.

You don't see yourself as Mother? I never saw myself as a Father either - but I was a pretty good one. You'd be surprised at what you can do.

• Just not interested in kids or even marriage. I have important things to do in my life better than sitting at home and babysit some kids and waste my time and life on it when i can go out and do something more useful.

• Just why you are trying to make it look like every woman on this earth want s to have a baby and be a house wife and do repeat the same boring circle over the years

• Get back with me in 20 years.

• No, but I am nervous. I still want to get married though.

• No, I am not scared or something but I have decided never to get married in my lifetime.

• I'm happy in marriage.

• Yes it's really scary

• Marriage is just paperwork, I'm mostly afraid to spend so much on rings and a party.

• If you're in here tonight and you have never contemplated suicide... then you have never truly been in love. And if you're in here tonight and you've never contemplated murder... then you've never been divorced. - Christopher Titus

• I'm not afraid. Because I'm not getting married.

• If I get married, great. If I don't, that's great too.

• Yes. I won't do that mistake.

• Not scared, never scared, just don't see the practicality of such a thing.

• Don't get married then

• i can't wait to get married

• i won't miss anything.

• To me being together is already married.

• Not really scared of it. More like I just know I will never put myself at risk like that. It's so not worth it.

• I don't want my life destroyed, so yeah, marriage sounds awful.

• It's not always awful

• But when it goes bad, it goes very bad. And with divorce rates at their atrocious rate and the way the courts behave, it really seems foolish to attempt marriage.

• I doubt it will ever work so I won't :/

• I'd feel bad keeping a woman from finding someone better. I wouldn't want to do that to someone

• Yeah I'm afraid she'll fuck the gardener then leave with my children and half my shit. I'm not getting married. lmao

What Girls Said 20

• No, not at all. I am completely willing to be married, just the same as I am willing to remain unmarried. It all depends on circumstance. I am a loyal, long term type of person so marriage doesn't scare me because when I get with someone, my intention is to stay.

• Bring on the marriage. Bring on the wedding. Bring on the husband. I'm pumped.

But you can go ahead and keep the kids. Don't want those.

• Ready for it. Bring it on.
    I'm in a long term relationship and really settled so I don't dread it at all. I don't imagine it would make much difference compared to what my relationship is like now.

• I kind of am, yeah you can say that. I rather be engaged for a very long time and then eventually get married. I think it kind of depends on my future husband as well and how much he would want to be with me and spend the rest of his whole life with me and that may help push me along to get married

• I used to be scared, but I'm not anymore since I came to the conclusion that I don't want to get married.
    Just like you I want to be in a relationship with no children. I know I can't be a mother.
    I also think that a wearing a ring and having a paper saying I'm married to Mr. X doesn't prove that I love him more or less and vice versa.
    However, I know that getting married is important to some people. It's just not for me.

• Yes it's really scary... not the married life/process... but scared about the choice of the person, or not loving the person.
    But I still want to get married.

• The idea isn't frightening to me, nor is the idea of being single for a long time (or forever). I could go either way.

• yeah... hopeful I don't marry a crazy man

• I am scared. But it's weird because at the same time I'd like someone to want to marry me. It has happened and I was very flattered. I guess what scares me is the post-marriage idea that you're gonna be taken for granted. The person's yours on paper, so why bother anymore. It's how so many people think...

• Yeah... I'm afraid of getting divorced

• No you should stay positive. Some girls really want it because this their biggest dreams and some don't really care

• Of course I dream with living happily ever after but for me that's a fantasy

• Yes. Because I'm scared of divorce too.
    Considering today's divorce rate, marriage could be a waste of time (wedding is even worse, think of it! :( ). And you never know if you would be one of those divorced couples.
    So no thanks, no marriage for me. Sticking to boyfriend-girlfriend relationships. :)

• Yeah dude, just make a horror movie about marriage and 99% of the audience in theaters will piss themselves.

• I think I suffer from terminal ugliness, so my celibacy is lifelong.

• Yes, really scared. I still want to though lol.

• no. I'm just skeptical it'll ever happi. :/

• I don't want to get married and I hate kids so...

• YESS IS REALLY SCARY.

• Eh. Whatever happens , happens

• I'am ready !

• Nope, I am ready.

✌❤