Why do you still want monogamy?

Monogamy used to mean one for the rest of your life.

Today monogamy means "one at a time." The chances of you or your partner cheating are higher than ever. Why do you still pick monogamy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like focusing just on one person, I am not polyamorous.

But I'm happy to be single and not worry about that right now.

• The chances of that one person cheating on you are extremely high though.

• having another relationship has nothing to do with sleeping around. It also has to do with wanting to feel loved.

• If they practice polygamy, then they should let me know before we date. They can do that with other women, I don't care... but I do not want to be apart of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I fall down sometimes guess I should just stop walking 💁🏻

• it isn't the same comparison because walking and marriage aren't the same things

• I'm not getting into this have a great day man 😊

• You can't even pull that off because you don't have logic. The statistics are not in your favor.

What Girls Said 3

• I grew up in a house where monogamy wasn't practiced and there was always fighting between my parents because of it. So I am a little jaded when it comes to cheating. I couldn't be in a polygamous relationship, some people can and it works for them, but I am not one of them.

• I simply can't see myself in a polygamous relationship tbh. I wouldn't be able to handle it I think.

• I pick monogamy because not everyone in this world are lying cheating pigs. There are still decent people in this world who are interesting in having a loving long lasting relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• ecause i think "one for the rest of your life " is a healthier option for the society. We haven't really seen the effects of "one at a time" yet, just wait until kids of today grows up.

• I disagree, divorce rates have hit an all time high. The amount of single mothers is at record highs and the vast majority of people are cheated on. Look at the ashley madison hack.

• Yeah, that's what i'm talking about when i'm talking about a healthy society. Just wait and see how the kids that grow in this environment act. I don't think it will be any better.