I am scared of getting old alone?

All my friends are getting married!
I'm depressed.. I'm gonna turn 30 and be single!
It's hard to find the right man!
When I was 18 and met my ex's parents they were both 36 and had a little 18 month old girl... At the time I thought they were both hot... And young and fun!

But here I am now at 29... I'm single... And I feel like its all over... Like I will never find someone... Like I've ended up alone... Like my biological clock is ticking... Like I don't have long left before my looks deteriorate (even tho everyone days I look 21)...

What is wrong with me?

Are my worries valid?

Maybe it's cos everyone I know my age is getting married and having kids!

Is is my biological clock in grave danger! Is it now or never? All my friends are having babies now...

soon on ill be so old and wrinkly no one will want me hey?

Most Helpful Guy

• I won't presume to have the authority to tell you what you're feeling is wrong or right.
    The last thing you want to read is criticism and it's irresponsible for someone to tell you everything is fine.
    I'm a Man and that already disqualifies me from all kinds being taken seriously, by many Women.
    I don't have the inherent influences that your hormones can instill.
    My gender not only distances me from your cultural perspective, it also opens a gaping cataract between virtually every physiological trait that even after a few hundred thousand years, evolution still treats like oil and water.
    So where's the common ground?
    Our Human Nature.
    Honey, all I have to offer is a brief history that began from feeling similar to you.
    This by no means implies that the same will happen to you. My perspective is only that. It is not an example for others.
    But it is my hope, you might dig a little deeper into your own Nature.
    It is a vast reservoir you just haven't been alive long enough to grasp the scope of.
    'Know what? I'm in my fifties and I haven't been alive long enough to grasp the full size of mine either!! Bet you didn't see that coming.
    BUT!!! (doncha hate those? Or "however"! I know, right? So pompous, huh?).. But... I do have a better IDEA of how much bigger my reservoir is!
    Wouldn't it be awkward if I then went-off saying "yea, I got 15 more years of grasping my size than you have grasping your size!!! Neener.. neener!" You'd be like... reporting my ass to GAG, co-coordinating your hacking peeps in a multi tiered cyber attack to get my ID's... and... maybe even... be honest! Maybe even let out a tiny giggle about the "grasping your size" thing? No? Still pissed at me? "I don't blame you! After all, my reservoir is bigger! I'd be jealous too. Or is "envy" more appropriate? You know? Cause of the size thing? Then again, I'm much closer to the grave, than you. Gads, I'm a phreaking Geezer! BUT (did I ask you if you hate those) . But, I still Rock to Muse, Coldplay and...* wait a minute...

... what loneliness?

Did you forget about it for just a second?
    I took a risk of alienating you. Of course it wasn't my intent. Remember the "risk" thing? I have the impression you're good-natured enough to "get" my attempts to illicit a smile from you. Sincerely, it will make my day if I know I succeeded!
    Dammit! I'm running out of letters. Honey, may I continue this soon? Betcha I can get ya' rollin' on the floor! Not like that! Just being some company.

• Hi "Little Sister". I
      Do you mind if I refer to you this way?
      I'm trying something perhaps counter-intuitive to GAG's intent.
      As alluded to earlier, I have no answers, or, I'm refraining from the arrogance of assuming what I have to offer, in terms of trying to answer your question, is helpful.
      Instead, I'm willing to make a fairly regular promise to spend just a few minutes, either punishing you with my attempts at humor, or you can punish me with...*. That's not coming out right. My point. I figure it's more constructive to be of company to someone that needs it, than to try to inspire them with grandiose wisdom's or offer vacant assurances a miracle is just 3 clicks of your heels away.
      You will always be in control of every facet of our communication. What say you, Little Sister?

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually have a lot of friends who are 30 and have no idea what they want to do and where they will me! They're valid completely but I do think you should stop worrying, because sometimes all these rushed marriages and babies are a bad thing and you should be wanting to be certain ya know right? x

What Guys Said 15

• Come on young lady!!. You are young, and it's fine so what if you are alone, so what if you are single? don't let other people influence your life, don't let other influence your decisions. Don't let them affect you.

• I have a deal with four girls who are regulars at the bar I work at. The deal is this... if they reach the age of 36 and haven't married - then I'm the sperm donor! LOL

(so I got that goin' for me) :D

But seriously - keep looking. My wife had our last daughter when she was 43 and that little girl is now 15 and the most athletically inclined of all my kids!

• You are overreacting because your friends are getting married.

• i´m basically the same. i didn´t give up yet, so i don´t see a point for you to give up on it. i found love once but it wasn´t mutual. next time, i hope it is :D

• hahaha i work in the Tennis Channel, who leases to Tosh.0, AL Jazzera America, and the Qyou. i guess people who have set goals to keep going never thought of having kids. I'm 32 now single with no kids and i shit you not, in mothers day or fathers day i happy F-or-M day and 85% of the workers have no kids. 50% of all married couples get a divorce or are truly unhappy and stay together for the kids. its nice to have kids but freedom is way better.

• hahahaahhah u want babies x)
    Wanna bear ma child anon babez?
    @elissadido AHAHAAHAHAHAHA

• I'll give you my babies. Hmu.

• you again...

• Uh... you again? Didn't you ask this question before?

• I would say no it's not too late

• I'll get you preg if you want.

• "It's hard to find the right man!"

Well, it's even harder to find the right woman today, which is why so many men are opting out of marriage altogether. Yeah, it kinda sucks, but this problem is mostly of women's making. I don't mean to be a jerk but this needs to be said.

• Relax... you have plenty of time. Women are having kids in their 40's these days, so there's no rush. Don't jump into something; that's how people end up miserable. Wait for the right person.

• There are plenty of single guys out there your age too, you just need to get out there, you might some single fathers or with kids but there is plenty of eligle guys depending on how picky you are but your still pretty young

• At least you changed up the writing this time.

But you still haven't done anything to solve it.

GO OUTSIDE AND TALK TO MEN.

What Girls Said 8

• maybe! Your overthinking it!

• Don't send repeat questions please

• Calm down, reaching 30 isn't a deadline for your lifetime. Life will go on and there's no clock ticking.

• I feel like this is a dude...

• Omg this is how i feel. Except im 19 lol

• I'm younger than you but I've not found the right guy either. I have decided that if I haven't met him by next fall I'm going to have kids on my own. I've been looking for the right guy my whole life and I'm so sick of it now. I won't be an "old" mom or not have kids at all just because I can't find a man I want to spend my life with.

• you sound retarded. seriously. But I know you're not.
    warning: you will NOT find a guy with that attitude. despair is the worst turn off.
    you're not old.
    do you want kids or do you want them only because other people also have them?
    find other priorities in life and meet people. but that despair... STOP IT!!!

• I think you are overreacting. All my friends are getting married and having kids as well. I think that's what most people do in their mid/late 20s. Don't worry, your time will come...