Do girls wear rings on their ring finger for show sometimes?

Say if a girl was wearing a ring and I noticed it to be on her ring finger. Do some girls wear rings on that finger even though a significant other didn't give them that ring?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, I do sometimes. I'll wear it on the other hand sometimes, but I tend to favor my left hand because I'm right-handed. So if I'm writing and I have a ring on my right hand, it pinches and gets irritated. That's usually when I'll switch it. Usually it's just a matter of which finger the ring fits best on. But I also usually wear more than one ring at a time if I'm going to wear any at all, so it's not like I JUST have one on my ring finger.

What Girls Said 6

• I almost always wear a ring on my ring finger, but I tend do steer away from any rings that look like engagement rings. I usually stick witih colored stones or bigger fashion jewelry so that there's no confusion. And guys, even if there is a ring on that finger, you can always approach a girl in a classy manner. The worst she can do is say she's attached and you move on.

• My Mother wears her grandmothers engagment and wedding rings and she has never been married. Though when she has been talking to men there like ohhhh your married and back away LOL its funny to explain the story. of course they do.for me and my mom its because those rings mean sumthing. And many others do it to remember times or people or just for the heck of it

• I do quite a lot because it's just a finger to me. I don't see why anyone would not wear rings on that finger, leaving it for a wedding ring is just weird. It is only a finger after all.

• No, I always wear my ring on my middle finger just to avoid that mix up, but I know a few girls that do.

• I'll wear a ring on that finger if I know for a fact that I'm going to be around a guy who doesn't back off (usually the only way they'll back off is if they think I'm engaged/married). Otherwise, rings are usually on my right hand.

• Alot of girls wear rings on their ring finger just because. Unless it was a diamond ring...that's a different story...

What Guys Said 2

• As I was reading this, right in the middle of this whole topic there a big ad for DIAMOND RINGS. Hahaha. I always clock the left ring finger to see. If there's a ring there, more often than not it's a fancy ring either with a dimond(s), in gold or something like that. If it's a more plain looking ring, I may say something. If no ring...game on!

• Yes, they do. It's called the ring finger, not the engagement ring finger. Jewelry is jewelry.